PDA

View Full Version : Northampton Craft Club

Black Rose Cards
11-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Hello all!

I have been looking for a craft club in Northampton for quite a while and so far have found nothing. Therefore, I have decided to start up my own!

Would anybody be interested in coming along? At the moment I am only in the planning stages, although I am hoping to have it started some time in June. Do you have any suggestions? Or hints/tips? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Camille

ladyrat
13-05-2008, 08:50 AM
I will be moving to Brackley over the next couple of months...I am interested!

ladyluckjewellery
13-05-2008, 09:44 AM
I may be interested depnding on where and when, are you open to all crafts or just cards, as I'm jewellery (as if the name wasn't a giveaway :D ). I'm based in Weedon so Northampton isn't too far at all for me.

Claire

Black Rose Cards
13-05-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm open to all crafts really. My main craft is cardmaking, although I dabble a bit in jewellery making, modelling clay, knitting, cross stitch etc.

I have not arranged a location as yet, although I was thinking of hiring a room in a community centre or church? Maybe in the Abington/Town Centre areas of town? I have two ideas really:

A group of crafters getting together to craft and gossip,
Someone demonstrating their craft and we all have a go (a bit like a make and take session), one time cards, the next jewellery, the next scrapbooking, and so on...
What do you think?

Camille

louisejhampshire
23-05-2008, 07:12 AM
funny i should find this link. I have been offered a job interview in northampton - kettering way, and was wondering what it is like for a city/town - area etc? what kind of place is it? eg historical buildings, more modern, etc....

many thanks

Black Rose Cards
26-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Hmm, now what can I say about Northampton? I've been living here for my whole life so far... The town centre and St James areas are probably the oldest parts of the town, with tunnels running underneath the streets, connecting pubs and various other buildings. The County Hall used to be used as a court many moons ago and people were hung there.... There are new areas being built all the time, extending the size of the town (and some people swear we should be a city by now!). There are rumours that the house that is now the museum in Abington Park was once lived in by Shakespeare and that there is, or was, an unpublished play script behind the wood panneling in one of the rooms... What else can I say? Its a bit of both really, the castle is no longer and the train station is situated right next to what is left of the remains, there was a fire here around the same time as the great fire of london and did a heap of damage. Um, shoes! Its been a while since I've been to the museum in the town centre so I'm a bit foggy on the history of Northampton, but it definately has one! There are good and bad parts of the town, as is the case everywhere, I'm still here so it cant be too bad! Anything else I can help with?

Best wishes,

Camille

wils
25-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Hi Camille

I'd like to see a craft club in Northampton - I'm always surprised in a town this size theres not more about!! So did you ever get one started?? I live in Northampton itself and it would be great to meet up with like minded folks.

Helen x

Jane
08-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Hi - yes, I'd love to join a craft club in Northampton. Sharing ideas, trying new things or just bringing your craft along and having a chat while crafting would be just great! Do keep us informed!

wils
10-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Hi

Does anyone know if this group has been set up?? I'd love a local group...

Helen

Black Rose Cards
21-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay! I've got a start date for the craft club, it'll be no later than 5th November, taking place in Earls Barton (just outside of Northampton) on the first and third wednesday of each month, from 8pm.

If anyone is still interested, please get in touch!

Best wishes,

Camille

Beth B
09-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi Camille,

I came across this web site and your thread because I googled looking for a craft club in the area. I would really like to join you in November if there is space - is it in the evenings that your club will be meeting?

Please could you email me with the details.

Thank you

Beth

Beth B
10-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi Camille - I thought my email address would show on the post - sorry it's Exbaines@googlemail.com

Thank you

Beth

RuthW
02-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Hello

I'm new here. I'm looking for a craft club in Northampton. Could you send me more details please?

Thanks

BenjamanVollbrecht
06-08-2017, 08:17 PM
Has this club been organised as yet because I'm looking into joining a crafting group in Northampton? Cheers

3dDave
06-08-2017, 10:07 PM
Probably has, the thread is from 2008/9 if you check the date...

Dave.