PDA

View Full Version : Been Playing

Ger
11-05-2008, 04:03 PM
I've not managed on here for ages as I was way behind on my Craft Robo design team work and a wedding invitation order :( soz

http://bp3.blogger.com/_Lf_yVGxqM44/SCYJvNkHqsI/AAAAAAAAAqE/H7B0D1fC2YI/s320/DSC00099.JPG
This is the first for my design team work, the other pics of the inside are on my blog if you want a peek

http://bp1.blogger.com/_Lf_yVGxqM44/SCcI2-H1qrI/AAAAAAAAAq8/AdeXNQuaIxI/s320/DSC00135
This is another for my design team I just love the border & it went so well with my new Tilda

http://bp2.blogger.com/_Lf_yVGxqM44/SCcISOH1qpI/AAAAAAAAAqs/VA5CoPuBvDI/s320/DSC00139
I'm afraid it this lot here that have been keeping me busy, I foolishly agreed to make a girl at my work's wedding invites. I normally just stick to baby announcements & had thought of branching out, this was only a smallish order so thought I'd take the plunge. I did enjoy it but boy what a lot of work!!!! I had to design something with thistle and in browns, I came up wit the thistle and a monogram for her to choose from but as you can see she wanted them both!!! If you have a peek on my blog there is a pic with the inside of the invitation it had a thistle too. I'm not sure if I'd do it again though & I still have the problem of what to charge, I truly have no idea where to start:confused:

Fluffy Squirrel
11-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Excellent work!!

I absolutely love the thistle design - did you make this on your Craft Robo? It looks gorgeous!!

Pagan
11-05-2008, 05:26 PM
oh wow they're lovely. I know what you mean about the wedding invites. I did mine two years ago and they took aaaaaaaaaaages!!!!

Start with your costs and add a bit for your labour?

Tip Top
11-05-2008, 06:36 PM
They are fab!!

For charging - work out how much all the materials cost and then double it. And then you can work out how much per invite it cost. If you think this is a bit high then reduce it per invite and then see what the overall cost is - and then round to the nearest 5.

Thats how I work out invites!! Not very scientific, but it seems to work!!:mf:

louisejhampshire
11-05-2008, 08:11 PM
interesting to read this (great cards by the way!) i making some invites for someone at the mo and i too am really confused on what to charge as she decided on me embossing the logos etc and ive never done this before and so have had to buy the heat tool and everything - what should i do now? as i can of course use the tool again, but then the invites are the only reason i bought it all.....hmm....

Ger
11-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanx for your kind comments & great advise with regards to pricing :)

Fluffy S I did design the thistle for my robo, just traced a nice pic I found

Louise I have something similar with this order as you I had to buy a set of cutting mats for my Robo at 15 and I'm going to add this into my price even though I can use them again, hth

craftyjan
12-05-2008, 02:30 PM
cards are lovely that robo sure is good but not apurchase i will make as i wouldnt use it enough to warrant the expense

Tsarvo
12-05-2008, 02:56 PM
what lovely cards, you have been bizzy!:mf: