PDA

View Full Version : Best place to sell

melycb
01-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Hi, I registered in March and said hello, but since then I have been quite unwell.
I am now having to take it easy and cant work untill end of July after I have had a hysterectomy, (sorry if that's too much detail)
Anyway I am now going to make the most of my time taking it easy on my laptop promoting my crafts.
There are so many way's to sell and promote craft's.
EBAY, TUGGLE, ETSY, YOUCRAFTYLOT, BLOGS, OWN WEBSITE, CRAFTJUICE, CRAFT FAIRS, HOME PARTIES.
It's a bit of a maze out there.
I would love to hear from other crafter's on their experience, where do you get most sales, easist to use, cost's.
I like to make wooden crafts, signs, tole painting.
Any of your thought's would be greatly appreciated.
Melanie:mf:

craftyjan
01-05-2008, 01:31 PM
hello sorry to hear your unwell but least being at home gives you a good oportunity to craft as long as your up to it as for selling stuff i dont sell mine so i cant comment on any of the ways of selling and how they compare

0103media
01-05-2008, 01:38 PM
I would suggest to try as many as you can.. Some things sell will say on ebay but not on etsy...

The mistake most people make is thinking that promoting something is easy but you must invest money and time to make things work...

MAybe consider starting a blog and getting a good readership first...

bynicki
01-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Hi there. Sorry to hear about you being unwell.

I have had a mixed bag really. My own website is constant and I get sales from that quite regular, but it does take quite a lot of time to set up and market etc. and I have just signed up to Google Adwords which has really increased my hits ( but you do have to pay for it!)

Craft Fairs and Shows are usually very good.

Etsy and Yourcraftylot are real easy to set up and cheap. I sold one thing on Etsy wihtin a day of putting it on but had nothing since. Ive had no sales from YouCraftyLot yet.

I have to say that I have sold lots of things on Ebay but the fees are really expensive!.

Just try as many as you can and see how it goes is my advice.

Nicki. x;)