PDA

View Full Version : Your help please!

Glen-Bracknell
01-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Im asking on behalf of my mum who loves making greeting cards. Are there any clubs/groups/people who meet in the Slough/Windsor/Maidenhead area? (or within a 5 mile radius of Slough). Id appreciate any info or if any of you live in these areas and would be interested in forming some sort of club? Kind regards, Glen.

craftyjan
01-05-2008, 11:02 AM
hello and welcome i am a card maker i dont know if there are any clubs or groups in your area but im sure if there are someone on here will be able to advice your mum on where they are there is none in my area so thats why i spend a lot of time on here(welcome)

Glen-Bracknell
01-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Cheers Jan for your reply. Hopefully there will be someone on here who knows of a club or group. My mum hasn't been doing this for long and it really is a hobby not a business, but she is really good and I've tried to get her to sell more.

Poppy4lee
01-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Have you tried contacting local craft shop? They may be aware of any clubs etc, or, maybe you could suggest that they could start a club, they could see it as a sales opportunity! I know some craft shops in this area often have demonstrations of various card making techniques, it might be worth attending some those (if they happen in you area, that is) & speak to people who come along as they may know of a club, or, maybe your Mum could start a group with anyone who's interested. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Poppy4lee
01-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Forgot to say (welcome)and why don't you get your Mum to join the forum? There are lots of lovely card making peeps on here!! :)

Glen-Bracknell
01-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi Jayne, appreciate your comments and will look into it. Cheers, Glen.

ickle pickle
01-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Sorry I can't help you as I am not from your area :) I hope you track something down. Have you tried your local college for evening classes?

Craftchick
01-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Hi believe it or not I come from the north but my husband lived near bracknell (Crowthorne) before he married me!! Anyway there is a website called (sorry will have to type it the long way round won't let me do it the proper way until I have 25 posts or more) all the w's dot stamposaurus dot co dot uk who do shows on create and craft, and workshops etc. If you have a look on their site there is lots of info etc. and they are based in bracknell. I think she did use to have a shop in bracknell town centre but not sure whether that is still open there or whether they have moved or closed, as I haven't been there since last July but you can check on their website and get in touch with the owner. Hope this helps. Didn't know Bracknell too well basic knowledge but I knew where the craft shop was!! lol.

Craftchick
01-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Sorry just realised you need it within 5 mile radius of slough not bracknell
!! Never mind I tried!! lol. :sleep:Unfortunatley don't know of any in windsor, or slough/maidenhead.