PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

Seahorse
29-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Sales have been non existant this year so I thought Id put an ad in a local mag,and its official,my ad is in there.
the lay got back to me yesterday apologising as she made my ad smaller than I asked, but she isnt going to charge me which is nice,so I will have money for a bigger ad next time.
She is sending me a copy of the mag before it goes out, cant wait!!

The mag goes to 18,000+ house so itl be a way to see how many peeps I need to aim for to get a certain number of sales.

ezzyam
29-04-2008, 10:58 AM
I am fairly local to you, which mag is it , I would love to get a copy.

Seahorse
29-04-2008, 11:02 AM
The local word or summit like that( I should really pay more attention)it covers Wokingham, winnersh and finchampstead.
Where are you?

ezzyam
29-04-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm in Chandlers Ford, just outside of Southampton.

Seahorse
29-04-2008, 11:06 AM
If all goes well I may take photocopies of the page and post it to everybody, wether they want to see my name in print or not,teehee.

Rodeo Lady
29-04-2008, 11:41 AM
hope it works out for you and you get LOADS & LOADS of sales..

Cheers Janice

sweet
29-04-2008, 12:06 PM
good for you being proactive! i hope this works out for you. GL

s.x

craftyjan
29-04-2008, 01:01 PM
good luck look forward to seeing you in print hope it brings you lots of sales

Seahorse
29-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks, il let you know how it goes.

Seahorse
30-04-2008, 03:56 PM
I just recieved an early copy of the mag and saw my ad.
Its great, small but great.Its a start, il have to wait and see if it helps sales.

beadsbydesign
30-04-2008, 04:01 PM
you need to work out if the ad is effective and getting customers to your site. Is it possible to add a where did you find out about us button to your check out page.
Then you can list the places you've been featured etc like this forum, the other forums you use etc. The client ticks a box and you can judge the effectiveness.

Snow angel
01-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Good luck with the add :)

sharon
03-05-2008, 07:47 PM
I used a local mag for my curtain making business (Lincolnshire), only put in 1 ad per issue & got enough business from each one to keep me busy until next issue. I was really pleased with the response & ended up having to turn down work! :)

One thing to remember though - here in the UK we see an ad from someone new & don't respond to it straightaway as we think it might be a fly by night firm, once its appeared on a regular basis we trust it to be a proper business & will then contact them & keep them in mind. Learnt this from a Business Link course I did & it proved to be correct. I know people who placed one ad, didn't get a response & never placed another hence no business. You just have to give it a decent trial - say 3 or 4 issues at least, if you then don't get a response the mag isn't the right one for you or your ad needs adjusting.

Hope you have as much success with the ad as I did with my mine

Good luck

Seahorse
04-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks Sharon.

The deadline for me re advertising is tomorrow, I was wondering about advertising in the next 2 issues and youve just made me realise I should do it.

Focus on Life
04-05-2008, 06:29 PM
once its appeared on a regular basis we trust it to be a proper business & will then contact them & keep them in mind. Learnt this from a Business Link course I did & it proved to be correct.

Good luck

I've heard similar advice through my local business network, that people seldom buy from someone the first time they come across them

Best of luck with the advert Seahorse, success doesnt come to she who waits, you go get em! :)

Shaz x

Seahorse
14-05-2008, 09:05 PM
3 days til the mag goes out.My impatients is eating away at me!

ChrisCoxon
14-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Good luck with this ad. Did you get any response at all from the last one?

Chris

Seahorse
15-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Good luck with this ad. Did you get any response at all from the last one?

Chris

This is the first one in a mag.Ive had visitors due to nice people linking me to their sites but this is the first ad thatl be on peoples coffe table, so to speak.

ladyluckjewellery
15-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Good luck with your ad. My first ad went out 2 weeks ago, and nothing from it yet but as people say, it will be after the 3rd or 4th time that people see it that they will begin to take more notice.

Apparently it takes people up to 7 times of seeing/hearing something before they decide to take action. I'm the opposite, I buy on a whim and regret it later!! :D

Claire

Pipany
17-05-2008, 11:09 PM
I am really interested to follow the progress of this. Hope it brings masses of orders for you and the best of luck xx

lauraj
18-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Just wondering if the ad worked for you. Did the sales start rolling in?

Seahorse
18-05-2008, 10:52 AM
The mag was due out yesterday but we havnt had a copy delivered here yet.
Im not expecting major sales but its just nice to think Ive done something to boost sales.I will have to wait and see.

Carol29
22-05-2008, 01:51 PM
I know exactly what you mean. It's frustrating...I was featured in a national newspaper and our biggest bridal magazine (Irish) this month and have had a few enquiries but no extra sales.

I would love to know what to do also. It's all very well spending our time being crative and making jewellery but we do need to sell it too!

I'm just hoping that things pick up after the summer coming into the Christmas season.

Yours with empathy

Carol
www.carolshawjewellery.com (http://www.carolshawjewellery.com)
bespoke handmade jewellery

Seahorse
22-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Well, Ive still seen hide nor hair of this local magazine which should have been out 5 days ago.
My stats went up to 41 then back down to 26ish.I didnt expect loads of sales but with 18,000+ people possibly viewing the ad,just a bit of a permanent increase in the stats would have been nice.

I like your work Carol.

Chris W
22-05-2008, 07:07 PM
I hope you get some response from your advert. If its a coffee table publication it may take some time, you can get interest months or even years later. The best return from adverts I got was in niche publications but my ad ran every month which I think helps register your name.

charlotte
22-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Every one is worried about its ranking on google however my worry is why google does not show me at all !!!

After waiting 2 months still no sign of my site on it.

LOL, if it continues like this I will have my Calimero moment" Nobody likes me"