PDA

View Full Version : I got a mention in the Times!

Works-in-Wood
27-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Sittiing behind the table at a lousy Craft Fair in Ingleton, Saturday am and Mrs Works-in-Wood utters a cry of delight ! ...."We've got a mention in the Times colour supplement"

To cut a long story short, page 92, in Alice Miles gardening column. Or if you really want to get bored senseless and don't take the Times - Times online and search 'Alice Miles'.

I was very worried about getting home, checking emails and finding 10's if not 100's of orders for....'cute baby dibbers..'

.....alas, I shouldn't have worried - not a sausage, nor much of an increase in traffic to my website....oh well.

Chris.

woodtattoos
27-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Congratulations anyway and I'm sure that it will pay off soon enough!

Si.

Fair Do
27-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Well done Chris, don't be down hearted, that's a fantastic achievement.

Get copies of the article and use them on your website and stalls ..."as featured in the Times" ...priceless!

Regards.
Fair Do

mymiyel
27-04-2008, 07:54 PM
I agree, don't be too worried about the lack of immediate sales. I think to be mentioned in the Times is a huge achievement and obviously a reflection of the quality of your work! It definitely sets you apart from the hoards of other crafters out there!

And as Fair Do said, you can now put "as featured in the Times" on all your products, promotion, websites, etc!

Well done!

craftyjan
27-04-2008, 08:02 PM
well done for getting a mention in the times im sure more sales will follow

ezzyam
27-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Congratulations!! So now we have 2 famous people, you and Somerset Artist. How can we all keep up with you!!!