PDA

View Full Version : Cricut questions

Hannah
25-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Hi everyone

Just wondering a few things about the cricut machines. Am very tempted to get one but have been looking at the cricut expressions and they seem so expensive so was thinking about the smaller cricut. Whats the difference apart from the size? Are the cricuts still good or should I splash out on an expression??

TIA
xxHannah :confused:

crafty sara
25-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi I bought one a few months ago but been that busy I havent use it alot until this week. I know cant get enough of it !!!!

I went for the standard one, which Im very pleased with.

I love the mickey & friend cart & also the Pooh & friend one which I bought last week. I know it a large layout of money but I love the results I get with it.

When I get my camera back I post few pics of them that ive done

Sara x

Hannah
25-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi Sara

Oh that would be great thanks - can I be nosy and ask where you got yours from? Have seen a couple on ebay but wondering if there are any other good places to get them.

Think I am leaning more towards the standard one especially now you have said you like yours.

xxHannah

samantha
26-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Try contacting Heavenlgirl on the forum. Her web address is http://www.craftyaddicts.co.uk/index.php
I have no connection other than being a shop customer. She is very helpful and I got my Cricut from her.

crafty sara
26-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi

I got mine from cutting edge crafts off the web they are very good and are reasonalbe for the cart aswell.

I order mine and had it within 3 days of me placing the order. It cost me 189.99 or 189.95. They got to pooh cart on offer at min for 39.95.

I have busy doing - pluto/goofy/ off the mickey & friends cart this morning & also piglet and pooh off pooh and friend cart. It is so quick to use and the result are amazing too.

I have found that when using these cart it is best to do the base black outline in card then do the layers in paper as get a smother finish.

Another tip - with the cutting mats when they lose being tacky buy some adehsive repositional spray and some masking tape. Spray the card and stick it to the cutting mat. But put masking tape down each side so the stick doesnt gone onto the rollers. You then get more use out the cutting mats. (they last forever then)

My Mother In Law seen them & know wants one for her birthday in June !!

EMEvans
02-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I have the standard size one and must say i love it although i haven't had the chance to use it for 6 months but i know it's there for when i want it.

I think for card making the standard cricut is more than sufficient