PDA

View Full Version : ...speaking of doing daft things

Focus on Life
23-04-2008, 10:16 PM
So as everyone's sharing their "Creative Blimps" I just thought I'd share why I dont sew

I once had a cute little sundress - many years ago - but me being a 4' 11" titch it was a bit long in the body - so methinks, easy enough, I'll shorten the shoulder straps - so I remove the stitching from the shoulders - cut em down a little bit.....

....then proceeded to very carefully and very neatly sew the two front straps together and the two back straps together.....and ended up with a sideways dress with a big seam down the front

Sew I now work with paper! :p
Shaz x

sweet
23-04-2008, 11:17 PM
he he! I cant sew very well either!

SusieQ
24-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Ha Ha Ha!!! Is that what you were wearing at the Craft Fair? I thought you had an original on !!!! Thought it was a Zandra Rhodes or something!!!! Ha Ha HE He. Only joking lovey!!! Sue xx:mf::mf::mf::mf:

janetdc
24-04-2008, 08:40 AM
That's funny:D I can't sew either. When I was at school (back in the dark ages) I had a teacher who insisted on trying to teach me to sew left-handed. She used to drag me out to the cloakrooms to watch in the mirror as she sewed right-handed. Put me off for life!
:confused:

Ifor-Jones
24-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Shaz that conjures up a wonderful picture. I should stay clear of sewing, obviously not your scene!!

Focus on Life
24-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey my stitches were lovely and neat and straight though, just in all the wrong places! LOL :p

...and Janet, I wonder what on earth your teacher was thinking of? I've heard of natural left handers being forced to try and write-right-handed so to speak but insisting you sew left handed?! :confused::o

Shaz x