PDA

View Full Version : Vintage style beads

Minky Magic
11-04-2008, 05:23 PM
I was just wondering if any body knew any where I could purchase some vintage styled beads, findings etc???? I make jewellery using original old beads but it's sometimes nice to style it in a retro way as well..... by this I mean antiqued gold etc.....

Many thanks

Carol29
11-04-2008, 08:25 PM
I have seen some on ebay, but believe it or not I have collected some from Oxfam and other charity shops. Recently a friend gave me a few of her aunts old 1950's swarovski necklaces. What a find!;)

So keep you ear to the ground.

Carol Shaw
carolshawjewellery

Minky Magic
16-04-2008, 10:01 AM
I thought I would just let you know that I have sourced some interesting vintage style beads from a company called Vintaj, they are based in the US but a company on Ebay stocks some of their items. I think they're lovely if you're into that sort of thing!

helena
08-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi! seen some ones which they call vintage, on a website called Nostalgia, they have some glass and resin ones aswell as some other stuff for embroidery etc. I bought some nice resin flower beads from them and made them up into nice vintage -style necklaces. They have other shapes too. They seemed like nice people to deal with and it all arrived very quickly. :)

Pebbles
09-05-2008, 09:55 AM
I have just ordered some stuff from Empire beads, they seemed to have antique style findings/beads.

They also have 15% natural beads at the moment!

Thats supposed to be 15% off natural beads! tee hee!

Seahorse
09-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks for those sites, they sell sieve stuff which Ive been looking for.