PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I'm new!! + need some advice! x

cmj
08-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Afternoon all!

I'm new on here but and was wondering if you could help me. I make cards ( like a fair few other people on here!:p) and sell them on eBay but wondered if there were any other sites where i could sell them and possibly work out cheaper!!

I dont want to charge a fortune for my cards just to cover selling fees and listing fees etc and would like to know if there is anywhere else out there where i could sell them!

All suggestions appreciated!

CMJ X

craftyjan
08-04-2008, 05:41 PM
i dont sell my cards but i think some people on here use etsy

bynicki
08-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi and (welcome).

I don't make cards but I do have a few things on etsy and I sold one within a couple of hours of putting it on!. It is quite a bit cheaper than ebay and is really easy to set up - you do have to convert everything into $ though as its an American site and there is endless amounts of stuff on there.

Good luck!.

ezzyam
08-04-2008, 06:50 PM
HI Welcome to the forum(welcome)

Have you tried outlets such as local shops, some are very friendly and may like to sell on your behalf. Craft fairs may be a good outlet for you too.

Good luck

mymiyel
08-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi cmj, and (welcome) from me too.

I think eBay is a big of a rip off really (and I am said so on many occasions!) because the fees are so high and unless you have a shop (which I understand is also expensive) the listings are also very short. Plus I find that people on eBay are looking for a bargain and aren't always willing to pay the prices for hand made goods. Nor do they appreciate the effort put into it.

I have an Etsy shop - can't say I've sold anything on it yet but I think it's great! The features are great and the listing and my account are so user friendly. I also have a Youcraftylot account which is good and simple to use. It's like Etsy but UK based - it's quite new and small but it's getting bigger.

I also agree with the local gift shops idea - I think they're always looking for nice different cards and it's even better if it's from a local crafter.

Hope this helps. And good luck - let us know how you get on!

Christine 1
08-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Not sure which forum i got this tip from - as i have now registered to a few!!! But have you looked at E Bid. I have joined that and they look good & from what i see don't charge a penny for fee's not like E Bay.

However i have only got to the stage of registering havent looked into it deaper but anything is worth a try - what area do you come from ?

Christine x

cmj
09-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Not sure which forum i got this tip from - as i have now registered to a few!!! But have you looked at E Bid. I have joined that and they look good & from what i see don't charge a penny for fee's not like E Bay.

However i have only got to the stage of registering havent looked into it deaper but anything is worth a try - what area do you come from ?

Christine x

I'm in south wales. Never heard of E Bid might have a nose about it tonight! THanks!! It's nearly not worth putting them on ebay as it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo expensive, but i do get one or two regular customers who keep coming back. xx