PDA

View Full Version : Any good Jewellery Findings Wholesalers out there

utopiapoppy
27-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Hi,

Been making jewellery for about a year now and I'm on the lookout for some new suppliers.

If anyone knows of any good ones, please let me know.

Ta

bumblebeadz
24-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Hi There, I just checked out your site, you have some lovely jewellery. I just wanted to direct you to mine also as I sell focal beads that may be of interest to you, and am currently running a buy one get one free offer until Sunday. All my beads are for 2 strand jewellery making, please check it out if interested www.bumblebeadz.net

Many Thanks
Chelsea

utopiapoppy
24-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Thank you for your lovely comments about my site. Have had a look at your beads and I'm very interested in ordering. There's just one problem - there are too many to choose from!!

Will make up my mind shortly and place an order.

Thank you again

Fiona

Argentice
28-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Fiona,

I've looked at your site too. Some very nice pieces!

If you want Wholesale then I would recommend PJ Minerals, or else order beads from India and Thailand, not as hard as you might think, but you do have to order quite a bit as the postage is expensive as beads etc are heavy.

I'm sure there is a wholesaler in Bucks, near Amersham, but I can't remember the name, sorry. i used to live in Wooburn Green, lovely part of the world you live it :)

Rob

utopiapoppy
29-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Thank you for all your wonderful comments and help.

I was very worried about designing and creating my own website, but you've put my mind at rest.

Thank you too, Bumblebeadz - placed my order the other day and they've already arrived - absolutely wonderful!

Thank you

Fiona

destinyUK
27-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Hi There
I'm new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. My name is Alison, I import precious and semi precious gemstone beads. I sell retail and wholesale in various quantities.
If I can be of help to anyone, please give me a shout.
Many Thanks
Alison :D

Bea
30-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Hi
I use PJ Minerals too but they got really busy recently and my order took two weeks to come - they did mention delays on their website.
As for India and Thailand, indeed you can find wholesalers but they request you buy very large quantities so I've not ordered anything yet. I am also a bit wary about tax. If anyone got any advice about buying in these countries, it would be great.
A good way to find wholesalers in the UK is to attend bead fairs, I think. There aren't that many up North, and they get soooo busy, but definitely worth visiting!
Bea

minvera
30-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Hiya- if its findings you're looking for - as opposed to beads - you should try cooksons, www.cooksongold.com - they've got a great selection, you can buy online and they're based in Birmingham. they also do Sterling silver and gold beads and spacer beads. www.kernowcraft.co.uk - also sell findings and beads but they're not wholesale so a bit more expensive - but not much.
hope this helps, Nicola

utopiapoppy
11-04-2005, 09:23 PM
I don't know about them, but you could always buy off me!!

Fiona

Rose
19-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Nice store you got there utopiapoppy but I didn't find the earrings I wanted to buy. Bebimi.com should offer a lot of documentation which would appeal to the shoppers and this way everybody would be happy. As long as I find good tips on jewelry shopping, I would gladly visit their site and even buy from one of their affiliate, be that Mondera, Diamonds USA or any other reliable merchant suggested by anyone on this forum.
And is this your first purchase of jewelry online?

minvera
20-04-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm guessing that people on this forum tend to make their own jewellery - as opposed to buying it ready-made (?) But I like www.graciaamico.co.uk
- worth a look anyway
Nicola

Rose
21-04-2005, 04:08 PM
What a pity, apparently the website Nicola mentioned is down…

Rose
22-04-2005, 03:36 PM
By the way, how to make sure that the jewelry website is not a fraud?

minvera
22-04-2005, 08:29 PM
what do you mean by fraud? Its a proper company I've bought from them - dunno why the site isn't running

minvera
23-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Sorry - a bit defensive of me! off course thats what she meant. Yes, Maria, I would look up in a directory as well

Rose
25-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Sorry - a bit defensive of me! off course thats what she meant. Yes, Maria, I would look up in a directory as well
Yes, that's exactly what I meant ;)

0103media
26-04-2005, 11:52 AM
I haven't look at the mentioned site but I know about internet fraud...

I sugest checking what sort of cover your credit card has... here in the UK almost all, if not all are covered in regards to internet fraud...
This is why its best to use a credit card online and not a debit card....

The stats say that your more likely to be messed around be shops/resturants that online websites...

I'm a be supporter of paypal as you 30 days to cliam your money back... It works well as I have bought items from site and the items didn't appear so I contacted paypal and I got an instant refund...

Almost all site are legit but one of the best things to do I contact the site be email/web form asking about something e.g. Is it real gold ... to see if a human is at the other end of the site...

If you have no answer then more on...
WHY ? well some small sites are set up and don't work so the owner leaves the site up and running even if the business has ended...

Hope this helps

Rose
26-04-2005, 03:36 PM
I am sure it's good to check everything twice, as nobody wants to lose money :P

Rose
27-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Frankly speaking I didn't :) Perhaps the reason is that people are extremely careful when buying jewelry or diamonds online and make purchases at the established e-stores.

So, besides bebimi.com, nobody seems to share his or her own list of good jewelry stores ... :(
They made many changes - it looks like soon bebimi will have a list of all the most popular jewelry stores.

xiaomin
28-04-2005, 05:28 AM
Bebimi added many diamond vendors on its homepage. So if anyone want to search online diamond stores, he can visit bebimi. :lol:

0103media
28-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Enough said about Bebimi...

We have no relation with Bebimi... And this thread is turning into a campaign to promote the site...

Please feel free to post on topic...
Anymore posts regarding Bebimi will be removed from this thread...

ADMIN

manwanis
20-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Hello everybody. Nice to be here. I am new in this business of jewellery and I want to buy something for me. What are the best online jewellery shops? What do you know about MOD EDIT I am interested to buy a nice pare of earrings from them.

Photo Jewelry
28-12-2006, 06:20 PM
I have found there are many good wholesalers in the US but they often dont ship to the UK. We sell a lot of jewelry supplies to the UK from our website and I often order unusual items from UK jewelry sites.

momoab
24-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi i am new here and i would like to introduce myself.
We produce wholesale silver and gold jewellery, beads and clasps.
We also import bead from India and pearls from China if anyone interested search for MOD EDIT - READ THE RULES

Potter Doodle Doo
24-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Check the date of this thread ... it is 2 1/2 years old!

momoab
24-06-2007, 10:56 PM
I said i am new :pc:

Poppy4lee
09-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi, for wholesale findings (amongst other things) I've found New World SM on eBay to be really good, if you look under item No. 160133883829 - you can go into their shop from there. They are part of the 40/50 project in China & employ 40 - 50 year olds in China, who received no education during the cultural revolution (so it's a wothwhile cause as well as being a cheap supplier).