PDA

View Full Version : favourites

mandamoo
02-04-2008, 09:21 PM
whats your favourite fragrance for soaps etc.
mine has to be rhubarb and custard, i made some soaps (on my website), the colour of custard with red swirls in it, my god it just smells like the sweets we had as a kid, makes you just want to eat it.
also parma violet smells yummy although i never actually liked the sweets just the smell.
:sm:

incywincy
02-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Something sweet & fruity like Strawberries and cream or lemon & lime ;)

Can't stand parma violet sweets - so not sure about that one!!

Sprinkles
02-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Can't stand parma violet sweets - so not sure about that one!!

hehe, i used to feed these to my dolly's when i was little as tablets when they were ill!

anyway... i cant use soap because of my skin, but i do love fresh fruit smelling ones, and ones that smell like 'expensive' perfumes

SusieQ
02-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Vanilla for me!!! I LOOOOOOOOVE it!!!! Can't live without it!!! It's the most gorgeous smell ever!!! Sue xx:mf:

SusieQ
02-04-2008, 11:01 PM
hehe, i used to feed these to my dolly's when i was little as tablets when they were ill!

anyway... i cant use soap because of my skin, but i do love fresh fruit smelling ones, and ones that smell like 'expensive' perfumes
Aah!! 'Come on dolly, take your tablet ' AAAAAAAAH! Lovely memories!! Sue xx:D

incywincy
02-04-2008, 11:10 PM
anyway... i cant use soap because of my skin

I'm the same. Before I had Emma I would use anything - and lots of it! But since she came along my skin doesn't like anything :confused: Very strange? I use anything for sensitive skin now or my skin goes all dry and horrid.

In fact - I really miss soaking in a bath full of lovely smells :mad: Not that I have much time to soak in the bath these days and tend to have showers.

mandamoo
02-04-2008, 11:18 PM
now then
have you tried bath salts, the ones i make are made from sea salts and thats it, au natrelle (typo)
or bath milks these are excellent for skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis dermatitis etc, made from powdered goats milk and cornflour and essential oils if you want them fragranced.very kind to the skin, my daughter has eczema and shes my human guinea pig she loves them, beats oilatum anyday

Sprinkles
02-04-2008, 11:22 PM
goats milk definatly is a yes for excema.
i have it so bad that i havnt been able to work for a few years now.

im all for trying new bath remidies.
Oilatum and e45 ripped the top layer of my skin off. was so painful.

mandamoo
02-04-2008, 11:28 PM
poor you, know how you feel hadf a terrible couple of years with kris and her eczema she uses the bath milk about once a week good job i have supplies in lol.
take a look on my website have a few different types of bath milks

specialgirl7876
06-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi
Just come across this thread when looking for suitable smellies for my sister with eczema, it's only 6 months old!!
Very interested in having a go at the bath milk. Not wanting to sound stoopid, but do you sprinkle it straight in the bath? I read somwhere about using it muslin bags......
Just wondered what the experts do :p
Thanks
Fran

Lomond Soap
06-10-2008, 10:13 PM
I have psoraisis, it's quite bad at the moment :eek:
I made a chickweed & evening primrose soap, both of which are reputed to be good for both eczema and psoraisis. I make it HP and used a very strong chickweed tea for my lye water, superfatting with evening primrose oil.
Fav fragrance? Probably anything citrus or deep musky fragrances, but def. not parma violets.