PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Seed Beads

ionwen77
01-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Hi there, just wondering if anyone can help me find Lotus Seed Beads to buy. I have searched high and low on the internet, but with no joy!! I know they must be out there as i have a Zorbitz Pink United Bracelet and you can get them as Mala Bead Necklaces and Bracelets, just can't find them on there own. Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks. X

Peter
01-04-2008, 08:19 AM
I'm a seedbeader and I've never heard of them! Where are they from? Please don't say China. ;)

ionwen77
01-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Hiya. They are a natural bead and they are the seeds from the Lotus Flower pods. The ones that I am after are white/light cream colour with black specks/dots. I have looked for them under seed beads, but the results come back as the glittery beads, not what I'm after. Hope someone can help!! Cheers. X

Beadservice
01-04-2008, 12:25 PM
I haven't heard of them either, but you could try refining your search on google, make it as specific as possible

e.g beads made from lotus seeds

I did this and found some sites listing Bodhi seed beads, lotus seeds, bead malas etc

If you only google 'seed beads' your search request is too wide

Debbie

handicraftsindia
01-08-2008, 06:38 AM
Hi Buddy
Lotus beads are of two kinds....One is from India and the other from China.
From India:It is significant for the religious purpose in India, to praise the Goddess of Money, Lakshmi.The beads are natural and are like dark brown in color.

From China: As far as I know, the beads from China are only for commercial production and are polished so that they give the off white color that you are looking for.
I hope this information may help you....

SassyStyles
09-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Hi there ;)

Ebay! they're pricey but.........hope what you seek

Regards and good luck :playball: