PDA

View Full Version : Do you know where i can get these beads?

ClaireW79
23-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi there, I have seen some fashion jewellery out there that i really liked and would like to re create in my own way but can't find the beads anywhere, i will try my best to describe. The bracelet was made from large ish discs (prob about 3cms) with a hole through horizontal and there was another bead in the space in the middle of the disk (approx 1cm).

i haven't really discribed it very well so not sure if anyone will have a clue what i'm on about :), but hope so.

Claire

Starstruck
23-03-2008, 10:42 PM
I think you might be talking about frame beads.

I know that Swarovski do a circle and square version of these, although I have a feeling that the circle one is being discontinued.

The best way I can describe them is, if you imagine a frame, and you thread from the outside of one edge to the centre, then thread a bead from one side to the other, then thread from the inside of the "frame" to the outside again, so you end up with a bead inside the "frame"...

Is this what you mean?

ClaireW79
24-03-2008, 08:54 AM
He he, yes that is a much better description than i did!!!!

Beadservice
24-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Although I don't sell them, you can find Shell versions of these on bead sites.

They're often flat round or oval shaped, with the centre cut out. They have a hole drilled through, so you could thread a bead which would sit in the centre

The shell is usually dyed, so lots of colours available, and is usually reasonably priced.

Debbie

BeadsbyLili
24-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Do you mean something like this...

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj234/MEL_BBL/t_MW20014.jpg
or
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj234/MEL_BBL/t_27060620011.jpg

(....have a look on my website for more colours)

ClaireW79
24-03-2008, 04:02 PM
thanks , yes they are the kind of thing i was looking for

thanks again

claire

Muddle Jewellery
25-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Just looked at your website BeadsbyLili. You have some nice items on there, I'll be placing an order soon.

BeadsbyLili
25-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Just looked at your website BeadsbyLili. You have some nice items on there, I'll be placing an order soon.

Ooh - thank you I'm glad you like the selection ! Yes, do come on over for a visit (mention the craft forum and I'll pop some samples in for you too;))

Muddle Jewellery
25-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Ooh thanks.

Yeah its one of the best beads sites I've seen for variety and I've seen ALOT.
Just gotta decide what I want.... this could take a while.

PolymerClayTutor
02-05-2008, 08:54 PM
You can also make beads like that yourself out of polymer clay. You roll out the clay in the thickness you want, then using a cookie cutter you cut out the shape you want. Then using a smaller cutter, you cut out the center and remove. Then you bake it in the oven to get your bead. Fun and easy if you learn the tricks!