Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

Focus on Life is offline Senior Member Super Big Crafter

Question Live traffic feed thingy?

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

...so for a techie nitwit like me Mr M (or anyone!)...can you explain a tad more about that Live Traffic Feed thingy and how it's available through the forum please?

Thank you!
    shaz x
    Keepsake Kollections
    & Rossendale Ramblings!
    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

glasskanvas is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

If you're talking about live feed thingy that's the same as the one on my blog...I saw it on another blog I was reading and thought it was a good idea so clicked the link on the feed itself. It's quite handy, telling you where people have come and where they're going. I got quite a shock that there were so many none English speakers reading it so I added the Babel fish translator too.

Quote Originally Posted by glasskanvas View Post
    so I added the Babel fish translator too.
    ...you gotta be kidding GK?!...are you having a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy moment or is that a real thing?...

I was gonna click on your thingy (pardon the intrusion!) but when Mr M said you could do it through the forum somehow, I thought I'd ask first

...you gotta tell me more about this Babel Fish!...but if you have me hunting the www for a HGttG non-existent googlebox jobby, I'll hunt you down!...

Thanks
    Shaz x

Well blow me, I have a traffic widget and a Babel Fish of all things now!

Thanks to GK! - tried to give you some rep but I'm not allowed to do you again just yet!

Oh my, I wonder what I have to feed my new fishy?

Shaz x

Please do tell what you are on about with your 'thingies' cos if you've all got one.. I want one waaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pauline

0103media is offline Administrator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    craftjuice items

Hi Shaz,

I think you missunderstood me..

I assume your talking about the "live traffic widget" like the one on glasskanvas blog ?

That widget can be found here: http://feedjit.com/

Hope that helps..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (5.50 a month or 50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 0103media View Post
    Hi Shaz,

I think you missunderstood me..

I assume your talking about the "live traffic widget" like the one on glasskanvas blog ?

That widget can be found here: http://feedjit.com/

Hope that helps..
    Thanks Mr M, I thought it might have been on the forum somewhere but I couldnt see it, no worries - I got it from GKs blog in the end

Pauline - have a look at GKs blog and you'll see what we mean! - its a lovely little Live Traffic Report thingy that displays info about your visitors - and he wasnt kidding about the Babel Fish either! - I grabbed one of those of his blog page too!

Its amazing all the gadgets you get to see and link to from everyone elses blogs, I cant believe what gizmos are out there!

Shaz x

beadsbydesign is offline Super Moderator Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
    craftjuice items

Just a thought, but if I go to a site where there are things on view like live traffic feed I am tempted to follow the links away from the site to see where people have come from.
    I think that they are valuable tools for the website owner but why give away your secrets to any opposition?
    You can still have such details to hand, but not on view to your competition. In my wedding blog my counter has behind the scenes stats etc.
    I want my viewers to stay and look on my site for as long as possible with out being distracted.... unless of course they are leaving by clicking the google addds!!! (rubs hands in a greedy way!)

I know its tricky isnt it? I put Google Adsense on mine right at the beginning and then added the Ebay and Amazon affilliates but I guess they could just tempt people to move on...

My statcounter sounds like Incy's where the stats must be behind the scenes cos only the numbers show on my Blog.

I'll see how it goes - I'm so new, I'm just glad to have any visitors at the minute!

Shaz x

Thread Information