• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EllisUp
    Junior crafter
    • Apr 2015

Stonor craft fair

Hi everyone
    I'm new to all this and have been looking at the forums with interest. I have signed up for Stonor Park craft fair and wondered if anyone has any experience of it? Thanks.
  • Lucy Blossom
    Mega Crafter
    • May 2013

I can't help specifically, but if you explain what it is you are planning on selling then a lot of people might be able to help you. Oh and to the forum
    Lucy Blossom
    Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
    https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

• EllisUp
      Junior crafter
      • Apr 2015

Thanks Lucy, I will be selling gifts such as jewellery boxes, toy boxes, footstools, chairs, small bits of furniture - all handmade by my husband and upholstered by me. I have not been to the fair before and on the face of it, it sounds really good, I just wondered if anyone else on here has been and what their thoughts were about it...

Comment

• MornieG Jewellery
        Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
        • Feb 2010

Not done Stonar ourselves but have heard that it's a good venue. Sure there must be one or two on here who have done it. You have to bare in mind though that someone selling soap or jewellery may have a totally different experience of any event from someone selling something similar to yourselves.

If you don't have too much outlay apart from the stand price I would give it a go. In the future pre visit events and talk to the stall holders and tell them you are scouting for events they will be more than willing to tell you how well organised it is and what the footfall is like which will give you some idea of the quality of the fair.

HTH and good luck with it. Let us know how you got on.

Mo.XX

ps to The Crafts Forum.
        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
        www.bodrighy.co.uk
        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

• the card shark
          Super crafter
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by EllisUp View Post
          Thanks Lucy, I will be selling gifts such as jewellery boxes, toy boxes, footstools, chairs, small bits of furniture - all handmade by my husband and upholstered by me. I have not been to the fair before and on the face of it, it sounds really good, I just wondered if anyone else on here has been and what their thoughts were about it...
          I've not personally been to the fair either but it's not too far from where I live and have heard positives from people who have attended (as customers). From what I hear, it is a reasonably well attended event although possibly not as well attended as it used to be.
          Carol
          Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
          Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

• MornieG Jewellery
            Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by the card shark View Post
            From what I hear, it is a reasonably well attended event although possibly not as well attended as it used to be.
            I think that's true of most large events these days. Not heard of many that have had increased attendance numbers.
            On a positive note maybe those that do attend are die hard potential customers who like to buy handmade rather than those out for a day looking around at pretty goodies and saying look at the price of that I could make it myself, or buy it in Accessorize or any of the other banal comments you get LOL

Mo.XX
            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
            www.bodrighy.co.uk
            https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

• EllisUp
              Junior crafter
              • Apr 2015

Hi, thanks everyone for all your comments; I will definitely let you know how I get on.

It was my intention to go along and have a look first but the opportunity to have stall was there so I took it. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
              X