Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question User is banned

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

User is banned, content is deleted automatically.

Bod is offline Member Moderate crafter

There are tons, I wouldn't know where to begin without a bit more info on how old the kids are? Are you just after keeping them amused? Particular crafts, or do you mean gifts?

There are plenty of craft sets available as toys, I wish they were around when I was younger, from making clothes to cross stitching for kids.
    Have them make christmas cards, decorations for the tree?
    They can be done with craft packs or completely DIY with household objects, pasta, toilet roll christmas tree angels. List is endless

Here is a website I just found that might give you some ideas on Christmas crafts for kids
    Last edited by Bod; 09-11-2011 at 08:52 AM.

AnnieAnna is offline Senior Member Super mega big crafter

There's a long thread somewhere on this forum about ideas for kids. You can search for it.
    I'd search Youtube too.
    And a very cheaty thing. Get the Baker Ross catalogue. You can either buy the bits from them or..........I'm saying nought but I know what I do........ (Actually I do buy bits from them......)

Default User is banned

User is banned, content is deleted automatically.

jennaodie is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

My granny used to have a 'junk pile' for when we came to visit. It was just boxes, margarine tubs, toilet roll tubes and stuff like that, that she saved for us instead of throwing them in the bin (this was pre-recycling). We'd stick them together to make stuff (rockets, doll houses, robots). You just need scissors, selotape, glue, paint, and any other crafty bits you have in the house. The kids imagination does the rest.

I don't have kids but we're spending Xmas with friends with 2 kids. Apart from the air swimmers (which I actually think are mor for my hubby and the kids Dad than the kids) I've bought a bead bracelet kit for the girl and a Make your own zeotrope kit (no, I didn't know either) for the boy http://www.folksy.com/items/2735306-...-animation-toy
    Am hoping it will keep them occupied but also spark an interest in more

Totally agree, we used to get old boxes, glitter, glue, tape, paint, beads and such like and make tree and wall decorations - considering the mess we made of them I was quite surpised to see some of them come out and go on the tree year after year. My favourite, make a cone (out of anyting), roll up some damp paper and paste into a ball stick it on top of the cone, pop some wings on the back - ANGEL! Add paint a glitter for uniqueness. Love it, doesn't need to last more than a day (because you can make another one), if it does last more than a day - hang it on the tree.
    Trish
    www.IndiviJewelistic.com
    An Actual Bricks and Mortar Bead Shop!

info@indivijewelistic.com 020 3231 5117

SueJ is offline Member Moderate crafter

Hi, If your child has a favourite TV character you can go to the BBC website in the children's section (and I presume other sites) and get project sheets and activity papers to print off. Hope it helps for next year.

Salt Dough! It is the cheapest and best thing in the WORLD!! Google some recipes, but all you need is water, flour and salt, it keeps my two girls busy for hours!
    Then when its dry, they can paint them- yet another craft!
    Cookie cutters are a big help with this, great for christmas tree decs or personalised labels for pressies.

There are loads of ideas on here, from mosaics kits, woodcraft, bead set, kids jewellery, painting, colouring and loads more, just search some of the threads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information