Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

Default Disgusting Texts

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Hi all, about a month ago i started to receive very rude texts from an unknown number to my mobile. I obviously ignored them but they continued to arrive daily becoming more and more explicit. I started to get very concerned when the texter mentioned me by name! My mobile number is only given to close friends, family and work and the only other place is on my website. i didnt want my home number on there for all obvious reasons. I went to the police who didnt seem to be to concerned as i wasn't actually threatened! Thankfully the sex pest got bored and the texts have now stopped, but a very nasty experience and tempted to remove my number from my site.

I know this kinda defeats the point of things but I use a cheap pay as you go mobile and number, bought from ASDA for 10 I have never put any credit on it as it came with 5 credit and keep it in the kitchen, switched off at 5pm every day and switched on again in the morning - if I have to call anyone back I do so from my landline or personal contract mobile :-) Other option is to ring your telephone provider and block the specific number - or my Nokia C7 allows me to block incomming calls / numbers on the phone itself :-)

Francesca
    * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
    Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Emmalou is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

OMG how horrible. It just goes to show just how sad some people are and how much spare time they have in their hands.
    Do you not use a second mobile for your business? Even if it's just pay as you go
    Glad it's stopped anyway

Emma xx

Thats terrible !

I have a blocker on my phone that allows me to block those pesky calls from sales persons... has your phone gone one on and you dont know about it?

I know its too late now as you say he's got fed up and stopped but have a look and see.

Pauline

lauralou1601 is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Oh my goodness this happened to me too! It ended when I was in a lecture and a picture message came through that was just a bit too graphic if you know what I mean... after that it just stopped. But I get loads of people ringing me and sending texts like that, and just ignore them all. They will get fed up soon enough. It is a bit scary when they know your name though!
    I like to make things - usually a mess!
    Please look at my stuff and let me know what you think!
    http://elephantfrills.blogspot.com/

bodrighy is offline Senior Member Super mega big crafter

I almost feel neglected (but also grateful) as I have never had any calls like that. Maybe because I'm male. 2nd mobile as a business phone sounds like a god idea for that sort of thing

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    My Craft Shop: Facebook
    Art fire Shop: The Blog

Scary, although I have questioned myself because I too have my personal mobile number and address on my website and I have thought of getting a PO Box number in the past and now it looks like I need to buy a cheap mobile - although I have had another thought on this, you can get 1.00 sims and I am sure in a draw somewhere there will be an old mobile knocking about.

Good advice on a second mobile, i will def be getting one, im a bit useless with phones anything technical really but thanks Pauline i had someone show me how to block the number just in case the perv gets unbored! Thanks all x

Thread Information