Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    candles by lisa is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Thumbs down Do you think this is a ****??

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

......... remember I told you about the person asking if I take money order/cashiers cheque. Well e-mails have been going backwards and forwards. They want me to supply them with 300 worth of candles however I got the attached e-mail.

I think it is a **** because I am sure I heard somewhere of someone selling a telly and this guy got back to her to buy it. Said he would arrange for a courier to uplift it. He would send her a cheque to cover the tv and the courier but she was to pay the courier when he picked up the telly. She got the cheque, let the cheque clear, the courier came picked up the telly and took the 100 for courier charges. The cheque got stopped (even though it had cleared) the woman lost the telly and had to pay the 100 she paid to the courier.

I think this is the same and I have replyed saying I will only deal with PAYPAL, a personal cheque with guarantee card, a business cheque with full banking clearance and I will arrange shipping from here. I think I have done the right thing. What do you think.

Here is the e-mail I got:
    >
    >
    Goodevening Mrs Lisa
    Thanks very much for your email, The reason I am
    sending you this email is to make final reconfirmation of
    the (Qoute) and also to let you know that payment will be made to you through theMoneyOrder. In view of this I need you to email me any
    information that may be required to send the Money Order,
    as I do not want to send the Money Orders to a wrong
    location lets they gets into the wrong hands.
    Regarding the shipping, I have a company that
    takes care of the pick up of my consignments for me and
    ship to my destination anywhere in the U.S.A, you do not
    worry about shipping, the company will send down a
    representative to arrange the sales documentation and the
    pick up from your end for onward transfer to my
    destination.
    I also want to alert you on the fact that you
    will be recieving an overdraft Money Order, which will
    cover the money for the pickup (pickup and shipping to the
    final destination) as well as the money to be paid to the
    company that will take care of the pickup and the Items
    with you. So please, as soon as you receive the Money Orders
    , get them acessed at your bank for a quick avalability of funds,You are to deduct the money that accrues to you, and send the balance to the Head Office of the company that handles the shipment via the nearest
    Western Union agent in your area. Note All Transfer charges are to be deucted from the original funds after you migth have deducted the money for the products i bougth from you.
    The Money Order will be in your name to
    make it easier for you to receive payment, you are to deduct the
    money for the products and get the remaining funds wire to our shippers headquaters as soon as posible as regards my earlier direction, please reconfirm your details ones
    more . I will Provide You With the information of my shipping company as soon as you receive the payments.
    Once the money is received by the shipping company, the
    shipping company will contact you immediately to arrange the
    documentation as well as the pick up immediately. So in
    view of the above, here are some of the details I will
    need for final issuance of the Money Order to you.
    (1) Full Name
    (2) Mailing address, no p.o.box please
    (3) your direct telephone number
    (4) acceptance of my offer
    Once you get back to me with all the above, the Money
    Order will be issued out immediately and it will be sent
    to you . Hope to hear from you immediately.
    Regards
    Mara Allen

Katianne is offline Senior Member Super Big Crafter

Thumbs down

Lisa - that sounds really dodgy to me. I'd be extremely careful if I were you too.

candles by lisa is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Yep, I think so myself, when I think of the time I have wasted, getting her prices, giving her wholesale prices and the rest!!!!! I had a gut feeling the minute she asked about money orders but thought I would go along with it and see what they would do. Unless they pay through paypal etc I am not enteratining them.

I pretty much told them that due to fraudulent shipping transactions they would have to use my terms (just to let them know that I know there is ****ming going on with the shipping) does that make sense.

Cheers Kate.

Lisa

I dont like the sound of it all i think it could be a ****

Katianne is offline Senior Member Super Big Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by candles by lisa View Post
    Unless they pay through paypal etc I am not enteratining them.
    Absolutely - anyone can pay through Paypal so if they are for real, it shouldn't be a problem.

Hi, this definitely sounds like a ****, I cant post links yet but if you type "overpayment western union transfer" into google just about all the links that come up are relating to ****s. I dont really understand how western union works and how they could **** you but I dont think its worth the risk.
    Best wishes
    Paula

Sorry, But I don't like the sound of all this either. For them to ask you to pay the cheque in and then YOU pay a courier that they have arranged is just not right. I've worked for a courier company in the past and we would always invoice a 'third party collection' not request them to send money before any collection be arranged. Maybe I'm just a little pessimistic, but I get the impression that they'll send you the money, you bank the cheque and pay the courier, then a few weeks down the line when they trace it through, it will bounce sky high. By which time, you've actually paid for your goods to be sent to the ****mer.

My advice would be to stick to accepting Paypal for overseas customers unless you have previously done business with them. Also insist that you send to a Paypal verified address. This then covers you in the event of fraud.

Maybe we're all wrong and it's genuine, but it just doesn't sound like it.
    Caroline

You don't need talent to be artistic you just need patience!

www.potterdoodledoo.co.uk

Hi all,

Thanks for the Hearts for the Western Transfer info. Did a google search and it is even in Wikipedia about ****s. So I think Ms Mara Allen can go and kiss by lilly white ass if she thinks she is getting a thing out of me. Ow I am so annoyed pissing about getting prices for this lot AAARRRRRGGGHHHH I could actually have been making bloody candles to sell AARRRRRGGGHHHHH.

Cheers again all.

Lisa

Lisa, Just be thankful that you've found out now before you send any goods out and haven't got pulled into the ****.

Ooh Lisa, I'm so glad you've got a brain. A lot of gullable people would just go along with this. I know that Ebay tells people never to deal with Western Union transfers. Put it down experiance and that fact that you still have your hundred candles and they haven't
    Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
    Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information