Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    glasskanvas is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Default Someone design me a website!

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

I have had enough of mrsite!!! Can anyone recommend a web designer who can produce a nice site for me that I can manage without wanting to hurt myself in the manner that mrsite is making me do right now!..Fed up of having to check and recheck then the whole thing going down just when I have an order!...Which occasionally happens.
    Recommendations (and a price list preferably) please

Talking

hi there

my hubby designed my 2 websites and has designed several websites for other people including crafters.

He can do a basic site for 50.00 and is very very reasonable. He very often does a lot more work and never charges for it, especially with us crafters.

My websites are www.eternalflamecandles.co.uk and www.everlastingdesigns.co.uk

Feel free to email us if you want any more details, prices etc.

Flame
    Eternal Flame Candles
    www.eternalflamecandles.co.uk

Hand Made in Scotland

My other half did mine for me. It's hosted by MrSite, but designed using Adobe GoLive. I, like you, got fed up with MrSite problems.

Depending on what you're looking for would depend on his charge to design yours for you. If your interested in discussing this, just drop me a PM.

Cheers
    Carol
    Sparklez.co.uk
    Handmade Jewellery

candles by lisa is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Talking

Hi there,

I made my own site but my host is E-merce in Hartlepool. They do web design too and are really great if you have a problem they sort it out right away.

Hope this helps.

Lisa

Hi. I did my own site because I couldn't find anyone who would do it for me for less the 1500!!!! Money i could have spent on beads!! So i purchased web plus 10 (serif) for about 60, which lets idiots like me drag and drop and cut and paiste to how i wanted the web site to look. It even let me add a paypal shopping cart, thier customer service is BRILLIANT and you can phone up and ask really stupid questions and the dude at the other end is always so patent, and then thery will phone you a couple of weeks later to see how you are doing. I purchased my domain name for 5 and found a host for 10 a month. And the rest they say is history. I had no idea how a web siote works or anything when I started. I say buy web plus 10 VERY VERY Good!!

0103media is offline Administrator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    craftjuice items

The clue is in my user name

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (5.50 a month or 50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

So Mr Media, how much would you charge for a shop website that has a minimum of 20 catergories and holds about a 1000 items? (Basically the size shop i get with Lycos)

When you have a website designed for you is it easy to manage yourself after e.g add more items etc. Do you have to be able to use HTML?

Does this make any sense?

You can tell i don't know a thing about websites therefore my main question would be - could any muppet manage it once it's set up/designed?
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

0103media is offline Administrator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    craftjuice items

Depends...

To many options.. Its a bit like saying I need a car so how much does a car cost..

Own shopping cart or external (paypal etc.)

Third party back or bespoke..

So the price part lol..

Well cheapest I could do would be the following..

3rd party backend..
    1 domain name (.co.uk)
    No logo or design..
    1 email address
    1 year hosting
    server maint / web site maint for 1 year.. (only the software not content)

NON bespoke shopping cart are free and its just a matter of setting them up and this takes a small amount of time..

The other end of the spektrum would be something in the region of 50,000 not including marketing etc..

I used to work for the leading design company in wales and most sites I worked on back then were just under the 1mil mark ..

Hope that helps a little

Default Mr Site Problems

What are the problems with Mr Site? I was toying with the idea of buying it but would like to know a few more peoples exxperiences....

glasskanvas is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

My main gripe is the inventory system. If you make one -offs like I do it's a nightmare because if someone buys something it stays live even though it's sold.....plus although it is usually ok it has a knack of crashing at really important times. The week before easter it went belly up four or five times.....oo and also there's quite alot a basic but quite effective things you can do with basic cut and paste html knowledge with any other website building package. Because mrsite locks out your access to the header function you can't do any.
    These are the main gripes anyway/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information