Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    higgledy-piggledy is offline Member So much more than a moderate crafter

Default How do you guys do it?

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Ok, Whats your secrets. How do you guys do it? Looking after family, running your business, up dating blogs (which are great by the way) and having fun on the forum. I've almost always done some sort of crafting, home made cards, making my own home furnishings, sweet making , baking to name but a few, but now i've registered as a sole trader and want to make money from my crafts I don't seem to have enough time now, it's not just making the craft it's all the organizing stuff that goes with it. Help what is your secrets!
    Joanne

I think it's learning to do without much sleep.......

I seem to spend more time making cards, updating my website, ordering supplies, sorting them out when they arrive etc than i do in my real day job. I would like to say i'm organised but judging the mess of my house sometimes thats not quite the case. Lack of sleep is a major factor, as Mary said somethings gotta give and it's normally sleep time.

I was hoping to be able to give up my day job if my supplies business takes off so i could spend more time with my 14 month old but thats not going to happen, unfortunately.

So your not on your own and i'm pretty sure that most people on here would agree in one way or another.
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

swirlyarts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Have an extremely messy house! When faced with a bit of spare time I always craft/blog/do something other than housework!! I'm fortunate too in that my younger daughter still sleeps during the day and my elder daughter loves helping me to craft so we often play lots with my crafting stuff while Tara sleeps! Tara also enjoys crawling round th craft room too so thats a bonus!
    Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
    My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
    My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

I agree a very untidy house, hell who has time for housework, and when it just has to be done rope the kids in with bribes of money. Mine are 16,14 and 12 so they always want money. Ive got to admit running a shop 6 days a week then coming home and dealing with website and looking after husband 3 kids, 1 dog and 1cat is quite stressfull but wouldn't life be boring otherwise. My husband is quite good at housework as well though, he is currently cleaning the bathroom while i chat and watch 24!!!

Heather
    www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
    for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
    www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
    craftyaddicts blog site
    www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
    My personal blog
    http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

candles by lisa is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Talking

I agree whole heartedly with the messy house thing. I only really give the house a good going over when people are coming over (we had the family around for a barbeque today) the rest of the time it can wait!!! Working full time, crafting, running the web and blog takes up most of my spare time. Having said that I go to dancing classes twice a week and help out at my local weight watchers class on a Wednesday. Attedning craft fairs at weekends really takes it out of you too. Just need to get on with it I suppose.

Lisa

trendsetter is offline Junior Member Junior crafter

Hi! I must say I have a passion in making crafts that can add to the beauty to the home interiors, I know there are professionals now who can do the said task for you but then doing this work all by myself gives me the added satisfaction. Moreover during my college days I did win many prizes for craftsmanship as I was always inclined to make utility things out of items that apparently seemed useless to others. This habit of mine has now helped my home having that different look and people adore it.
    nice and cool cafe shutters

Tip Top is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    craftjuice items

Yep, messy house but creative mind!!

You'll always think that there is not enough hours in a day to do everything, but really there is!! Apart from housework!

Most of my friends wonder where I magic all my time from - I work full time in a demanding and stressful job and can do a lot of travelling, I have two boys under 4 and my husband runs a business from home so I help with that too when I get home. And I still manage to do my stuff.

You simply adapt!!

My house is messy too. Wool in every room except the kitchen and bathroom. Have every intention of sorting stuff out in the new year but that might not be next year but hope it is. Tidy up if someone is coming but the cat isn't bothered if the house is messy.

Musha-Makes is offline Member So much more than a moderate crafter
    craftjuice items

I work shifts so I fit stuff in on my days of. Luckily I only work for half the days of the month but when I am working I'm working 12 hour shifts (half of them though the night!)

I just try to schedule myself as much as possible, but as of the new year I really need to be more organised to get EVERYTHING - like the housework, cooking, reviewing, managing a band, writing two blogs, running a shop and actually having a life LOL - done, I thrive on routines its the only way that life doesn't turn into one big mess :-)
    "If it's got 'Musha' in front of it, you can guarantee I'm behind it!"

Shop - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information