• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Not Just Handbags
    100+ crafts club
    • Oct 2009

Rules on swapshop?

Just wanted to check what are thoughts on the forum about swapping craft goods? For example I am after a dress makers dummy and wanted to know if any of the card makers had one and would be interested in swapping a Big Shot Die Cutting machine in return. Would have to be in the North West area anyway and in person because I don't know how you begin to post a dress makers dummy! I would then ask people to pm me if they were interested so any negotiations would go on behind the scenes. Is this allowed?

Just wanted to check before I posted.

Thanks

Elissa
  • psycrow57
    Junior crafter
    • Apr 2010

Yes, I was wondering the same - I have a few things I don't need and quite a few things I need to get, so was wondering if I could post it somewhere? Didn't want to just do it without asking, since I'm a newbie!

Comment

• Critchley
      Super Moderator
      Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
      • Jun 2008

I don't think there would be anything wrong with what you have just written as there is no money involved so you are not selling, especially if you get them to PM you and you sort it out 'off' the forum. I will put it to the other Mods and see what they think.

Another Mod agrees with me. As long as it is quite clear that the forum are not responsible for anything and, as I have already said, no financial gain and the rest of the exchange should be by PM we dont see a problem.
      Last edited by Critchley; 19-08-2010, 06:15 PM.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

• LORRAINE D
        100+ crafts club
        • Mar 2009

Great Idea
        Lorraine
        www.babycakegifts.co.uk
        http;//www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=95658952564&ref=nf

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...8952564&ref=nf

Comment

• MornieG Jewellery
          Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
          • Feb 2010

Sorry to hi-jack this. But it had occured to me a while ago about a swop thread There are so many crafters on here who have perfectly good items they no longer need or have upgraded as they have progressed, and lots of newbies getting started who might be grateful of a bit of help. If there was a " I have a ....." and anyone could PM that person and as you say sort it out in private with absolutely no comeback on the forum seems fair enough to me

We are more than happy to help in a virtual sense with links and advice, so why not in a practical one. If it is just a link to a private sale, swop or FOC gift what is the harm, or am I being nieve ?

What do others think ???

Mo.XX
          Last edited by MornieG Jewellery; 19-08-2010, 11:40 PM. Reason: Dyslexic fingers again
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

• hotglassman
            So much more than a moderate crafter
            • Aug 2010

best get Noel Edmunds in to sort this one lol
            Hand made and kiln fused Dichroic fused glass jewellery based in Leominster, Herefordshire

Comment

Working...
            X