• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H Bee
    100+ crafts club
    • Dec 2008

Tilting Turntable

hi all i am due to start a cake decorating course in June and have been advised to get a turntable, i think a tilting one would be best but the best prices i have found are about £25-£30, the course is quiet expensive already so was hoping it wouldn't cost so much. Does any one know where i could get a cheaper one??? I have tried ebay but they are still approx £30
    Handmade Jewellery
    Follow me on Twitter
    www.
    elizakate.co.uk
    Etsy Shop!
  • bodrighy
    Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    • Mar 2009

Turn tables can be made really easily. If you can find the tilting mechanism as well I should imagine it wouldn't be too difficult and probably a lot cheaper.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Comment

• fairycakes1972
      100+ crafts club
      • Apr 2009

I've got the PME tilting turntable, but started out with a bog standard one. Unless you are going to be doing loads of Royal Iced side designs you should get away with a normal one to start with.

My tutor used to pop a book under the college ones when working on the sides of cakes to give the same effect as the tilt!

But if you do have your heart set on a tilting one, Sugarshack have them on special offer for £25.00, but if you can hang on til November and get yourself to the NEC Cake Dec show, they usually have them on Special offer. I think I paid £20.00 for mine!

Good luck with the course!
      My Website :http://www.angelcakesessex.co.uk
      Become a Fan on: Facebook

Comment

• maisymay
        Junior crafter
        • Feb 2010

hy i was going to say ebay then i noticed you had tried there im starting a cake deccourse soon cant wait.got my first payed cake to do in march already havin sleepless nights .lol

Comment

• H Bee
          100+ crafts club
          • Dec 2008

i hope your order goes well maisy, im not doing mine to sell, i dont think them will be that great lol, just a bit of fun!!! i cant wait to do it
          Handmade Jewellery
          Follow me on Twitter
          www.
          elizakate.co.uk
          Etsy Shop!

Comment

• Scorch
            Super Big Crafter
            • May 2008

My Mum made cakes for 30 years or more, including the most delicate filigree wedding cakes, and never had one. Just prop the board up on a book with a cloth on it to tilt it. If you want to rotate it easier on the flat, just put the board on a cloth or some slippery surface...
            Cheers,
            Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
            Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Working...
            X