Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

H Bee is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Default Tilting Turntable

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

hi all i am due to start a cake decorating course in June and have been advised to get a turntable, i think a tilting one would be best but the best prices i have found are about 25-30, the course is quiet expensive already so was hoping it wouldn't cost so much. Does any one know where i could get a cheaper one??? I have tried ebay but they are still approx 30
    Handmade Jewellery
    Follow me on Twitter
    www.
    elizakate.co.uk
    Etsy Shop!

bodrighy is offline Senior Member Super mega big crafter

Turn tables can be made really easily. If you can find the tilting mechanism as well I should imagine it wouldn't be too difficult and probably a lot cheaper.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    My Craft Shop: Facebook

I've got the PME tilting turntable, but started out with a bog standard one. Unless you are going to be doing loads of Royal Iced side designs you should get away with a normal one to start with.

My tutor used to pop a book under the college ones when working on the sides of cakes to give the same effect as the tilt!

But if you do have your heart set on a tilting one, Sugarshack have them on special offer for 25.00, but if you can hang on til November and get yourself to the NEC Cake Dec show, they usually have them on Special offer. I think I paid 20.00 for mine!

Good luck with the course!
    My Website :http://www.angelcakesessex.co.uk
    Become a Fan on: Facebook

maisymay is offline Junior Member Junior crafter

hy i was going to say ebay then i noticed you had tried there im starting a cake deccourse soon cant wait.got my first payed cake to do in march already havin sleepless nights .lol

H Bee is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

i hope your order goes well maisy, im not doing mine to sell, i dont think them will be that great lol, just a bit of fun!!! i cant wait to do it

My Mum made cakes for 30 years or more, including the most delicate filigree wedding cakes, and never had one. Just prop the board up on a book with a cloth on it to tilt it. If you want to rotate it easier on the flat, just put the board on a cloth or some slippery surface...
    Cheers,
    Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
    Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Thread Information