Junior crafter
    • Feb 2010

pastel wood stain

Hello! I posted this in the painting bit but no help

Maybe someone here can!

Thanks in advance!

fee xxx

Hi!

I have made some little wooden lovehearts for my baby's room and wanted to paint them pale pink. I love the paint that East of India use and it reminds me more of a milk paint or a thick woodstain...I would also want it to be non toxic so that I could make some as gifts for all my friends that are expecting babies! Does anyone know what type of paint East Of India use or how to achieve that lovely muted, creamy pastel look??!!!

Hope you can help!

fee xxx
  • sharon
    100+ crafts club
    • Mar 2008

pastel paint

I think all paint has to be non-toxic nowadays - one of the good things about Elf & Safety!

Try Farrow & Ball or the Little Green Paint Company, they're a bit more expensive though than Dulux/Crown etc. I've just picked up the latest colour charts from Homebase & BQ & the colours are lovely. You should be able to find something suitable from a decent DIY store.

Comment

• Scorch
      Super Big Crafter
      • May 2008

Well, being an acrylics addict, and seeing as how they're safe to eat, I'd see what thinned acrylics do...
      Cheers,
      Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
      Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

• babyloves
        Junior crafter
        • Feb 2010

ooh thanks! I live very near a B&Q so might pop round tomorrow! I'll try the other companies too and see what they have!

many thanks and I'll hopefully have some nice pictures to post here at a later date!

Fxxx

Comment

Working...
        X