Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Nicola-D is offline Senior Member 500+ Crafters Club

Default wedding dress patterns

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Me again - sorry!

I've found a wedding dress pattern I like, but not sure whether to order it now or keep looking around in case there's anything else. I've been married before so I know what style suits me and I'm thinking I should maybe order it now even though not getting married until 2012 so that I can start learning how to read the pattern and practise the techniques I'll need to do.

Here's the pattern....
    http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V2...esigner&page=5

(if that link doesn't work try this one.... http://www.sewdirect.com/acatalog/info_86.html)

If you think I should keep looking rather than going for the first one I've found that I like, do you know where to look? I looked on Marfy - think they're italian designers but their patterns are quite expensive. and haven't really found many other patterns for sale.

sorry for so many questions!
    Last edited by Nicola-D; 20-01-2010 at 11:36 PM.
    Nicola

My Webpage (finally finished - ish!) www.thejewellerygirl.co.uk

My Blog: http://thejewellerygirl.blogspot.com/
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Je...0585549&ref=nf
    Folksy: http://www.folksy.com/shops/TheJewelleryGirl

So many beads................so little time!

sparklyshoes is offline Senior Member Super Big Crafter

ohh its pretty...tbh once you know what you want..get it...you'll only be disappointed otherwise.

I only found one dress, tried it on, and that was it..had to have it

Thanks, I know that princess seams suit me as they flatter my tiny waist and big hips (the woman in the wedding dress shop when I got married before called me a "pear" - gee thanks!) plus there's no sleeves so no danger of sewing them on upside down!

The only issue I would see with it is that the bodice will need to be very fitted as it is a strapless design. Misses dress patterns as usually very simple to make. I had heard that Vogue patterns can be complicated although tbh I have'nt used them myself. Why not join www.thesewingforum.co.uk it is free and there is a bridal section and a suppliers section there you can also chat to folks about techniques and what works/does'nt work for them

Best of luck with it

Quote Originally Posted by tipsylipsy View Post
    The only issue I would see with it is that the bodice will need to be very fitted as it is a strapless design. Misses dress patterns as usually very simple to make. I had heard that Vogue patterns can be complicated although tbh I have'nt used them myself. Why not join www.thesewingforum.co.uk it is free and there is a bridal section and a suppliers section there you can also chat to folks about techniques and what works/does'nt work for them

Best of luck with it
    OMG have spent ages on the sewing forum, feel like I'm neglecting you guys! I love how it's almost the same layout as this forum so it was easy to navagate and get to grips with. No rep points though. Seems like people over their are just as lovely and helpful as on here (the smilies on here are better though )
    Last edited by Nicola-D; 05-01-2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: sticky keys - or maybe just my bad typing

Glad its helping you Nicola told you they were lovely, just as lovely as the folks here

aryan is offline Junior Member Junior crafter

Smile wedding dress patterns

you can try here for wedding dress patterns styleshake uk

alibear is offline Senior Member Super crafter

Personally, if the pattern wasn't going to break the bank I'd buy it just so you have got it and make it up in plain sheeting material now. I would then pause and start to look for the fabric you like and be prepared to accept that if you find some amazing fabric then you may have to get a different pattern to suit it. I'm not sure that I would buy the fabric yet, unless it is EXACTLY what you want. I'd be tempted to leave it a year as fashions change etc. I'd buy all the FINAL CHOICE stuff and get making in 2011 for a wedding in 2012. It also means you are more able to match things if you have a year now to play with before you make anything final.

Everybody is different but my Sis in law got her wedding dress a couple of years in advance and said to me on her wedding day - in response to me telling her she looked like she had walked out of a beautiful fairytale - "I hate my dress, I've seen far nicer and simpler since I got this, wish I'd waited!" It was growled through gritted teeth I could've cried for her, but she looked stunning anyway

I on the other hand wasn't that bothered about the style as long as it wasn't going to get under my feet and bother me. I was far more interested in my fabric choice (aqua with hologram sequins - haha!)

reebee baby is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

I say buy it, if you change your mind you could always try selling it on ebay to get some of your money back.

Thanks for sharing the information. Really itís awesome. Wedding preparation includes even the selection of the wedding dress which must be very attractive and very good. But, wedding suit should be comfortable for the bride to wear and to feel comfortable as this will be her big day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information