• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flame
    100+ crafts club
    • Jun 2005

anyone else found sales down for craft fairs

Hi all

I just wondered if anyone else had had poor sales from thir craft fairs this year, our takings have been really bad and have been down a considerable amount from last year.

I thought that maybe my candles were not good sellers but it after speaking to some friends who craft, they all seem to say the same, and they range from handmade soap to silver jewellery to leather handbags??

Thanks
    Flame
    eternal flame candles
    Eternal Flame Candles
    www.eternalflamecandles.co.uk

Hand Made in Scotland
  • raspberrybloom
    100+ crafts club
    • Oct 2005

We have found that fairs have been terrible this year.

I hoping that they pick up this season.

I am only going to book fairs for Oct/Nov/Dec next year.

Lou
    A fresh and funky collection of handmade jewellery

www.raspberry-bloom.co.uk

Comment

• Fran
      100+ crafts club
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by flame View Post
      Hi all

I just wondered if anyone else had had poor sales from thir craft fairs this year, our takings have been really bad and have been down a considerable amount from last year.

I thought that maybe my candles were not good sellers but it after speaking to some friends who craft, they all seem to say the same, and they range from handmade soap to silver jewellery to leather handbags??

Thanks
      Flame
      eternal flame candles
      It's been a bad year this year for everyone I've spoken to. I've taken as much money this year as last but that was down to doing more events to make up for the potential loses this year.

Fran

Comment

• beadsbydesign
        Super Moderator
        Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
        • Jan 2006

Earlier this year I was seriously considering giving them up especially following the Craft fair from hell!!! ..... However I got over the glitch and have so far done 2 since Oct (with another 4 or 5 to come). I have been incredibly lucky, I have had plenty of slaes and browsers around my table. Last night I was at a thirty table event and did very well... some poeple did not even get a single sale and I even had two people fighting over a necklace at one stage. I took a load of orders and am still buzzing. It really is the best year I've had so far. I had a sell out at the farmers market last saturday and have been frantically making more.
        What made me laugh though was that on Saturday I had twenty glass pendants and by one hour into the market half had already gone. the others went by the end of the market. last night, I made sure I had more and only one sold..... You just can't guess your clients!!
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

• Fran
          100+ crafts club
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
          What made me laugh though was that on Saturday I had twenty glass pendants and by one hour into the market half had already gone. the others went by the end of the market. last night, I made sure I had more and only one sold..... You just can't guess your clients!!

That's the way of things! but I'm fair glad you had a good time and had your faith restored

Fran

Comment

• Sommerwood
            500+ Crafters Club
            • Nov 2006

I have only done a couple this year so far and have done pretty good with both of them, but have my first Chrsitmas one next weekend and am frantically trying to build up my stock for it, hence not been around this week! Fingers crossed it will be ok, got another the following weekend then an evening one at a Chrsitmas fair the following Thursday. I always find myself making something and thinking, right, should I make another one for whent hat sells, wishful thinking!!
            Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

• Andamento
              100+ crafts club
              • Nov 2006

I've been told takings are down about 40% this year from normal (advice from someone who's been doing fairs for 17 years). So for me it's not a good year to get started, however it could also be said that things can only get better (I hope!). One suggested reason was that it was an effect of rising fuel costs and that people are less willing to spend money on non-necessities.
              www.andamento.co.uk ...my website
              http://andamentoblog.blogspot.com/ ... my blog

Comment

Working...
              X