Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

Default Best places to advertise craft websites

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Hi everyone,

I've recently set up a new website on which craft makers can have their own page showcasing their products and then we advertise the site as a whole to bring customers to everyone. I've got some adverts running on Facebook, google ads and the like but would like some advise as to the best places to advertise craft websites - either on or offline (other than this site of course, I have already applied to do that).

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Fiona

nattynetty is offline Super Moderator Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!

There's a crafts directory attached to this forum which Mr M runs and costs about a fiver a month I think. I've advertised on there for years and would recommend it and as well as appearing on the directory http://www.ukcraftwebsites.co.uk/ your website will appear randomly along the righthand side of the forum too so even more people see it

I actually found this forum from following a link on the directory many years ago.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

craftjuice items

Hi Fiona,

Can I just first make sure I have got this right. You have set up a website on which craft makers pay you to showcase their products. And now you are asking craft makers on how best to do it ?
    Preserving your items and memories in Handmade custom jewellery Keepsake Gifts

Promote your craft in my Crafts Directory.

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    craftjuice items

If I was paying for advertising on a hosting site, I would expect the sites to be shown in any of the main monthlies mags such as Country Living, Homes and Gardens not just on craft sites and craft forums as I would want the widest publicity available to the public not just crafter's.

Thanks everyone for your help and comments.

Shpangle I already have an advertising plan and budgets etc drawn up however its always good to seek more advice - you know what they say about about 2 heads being better than 1. There are so many places out there to advertise I want to ensure I am covering the places that you all, as craft makers, would expect us to be advertising. We constantly aim to improve our service and seeking feedback/market research is an effective way of doing so.

Every penny of our customers money is important so we want to ensure it is being put to its best possible use to ensure we are obtaining maximum exposure for our money. I sure you can understand this being a craft maker yourself, you would want to ensure you are getting the most for your money.

Thread Information