Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

Thread: Accreditation

musivarius is offline Member So much more than a moderate crafter

Default Accreditation

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Not sure if this is the right forum but, I recently had someone email me to ask if my Roman Mosaic Workshops were accredited.

Does anyone know about this? How do you go about it, does it mean approved by an educational institution or a professional body?
    Anyone feel being accredited helps sell places on their workshops?

PS I'm still a fairly new poster here, what's the difference betwwen posting on 'Craft Courses' or posting on Craft Workshops'?

Caroleecrafts is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    craftjuice items

They may mean have you got the C & G teachers certificate, when I took mine, many years ago, as part of the course I had to be overseen running a class, checked for how I explained the procedure, health & safety etc.

They may be concerned that if you have not been tested that you are not qualified to teach adults. I may be wrong but this is the only thing that springs to mind, it is quite a simple course at your local adult education college, cannot remember how long it went on for but they visited my studio twice to assess my teaching capabilities, this is on top of the course work at the college itself. I had already got a teaching cert with Duncan, the ceramics distributors but that was not the same as a C & G.

Apologies if you have already done this, if you have display your certificate then there should be no problems, it covers you as well, as you can then not be accused of taking a course fee without the correct knowledge. Just in case you want more info check here.
    Last edited by Caroleecrafts; 14-07-2009 at 08:40 PM.

musivarius is offline Member So much more than a moderate crafter

Thanks for that information, it's been really useful.
    I don't have that but I might now look at getting it, though I doubt many people teaching craft workshops have it. It would be useful for me as I am approaching museums and tiling companies to send their staff on the workshops.
    I've found the college near me does it for 400.

Cheers

Thread Information