Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default craft fairs/country fairs/traction rallies in Yorkshire

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Does anyone know of any really good craft fairs in west yorkshire or any fairs that are really busy and good to sell at. I am also thinking about the country fairs, traction rallies and things. Any ideas

Thanks

Helen
    Helen Broadheads Designs
    http://www.helenbroadhead.co.uk

Peter is offline Senior Member Super mega big crafter

I think it's all a case of how much you're prepared to pay Helen. I've done my apprenticeship with the 45 a table gang, and realised it was expensive advertising! For 15 I have a stall on Wakefield Sunday market (laughingly called a car boot!) and get more people through than any craft fair I've done - lower prices though. Most of the common venues seem to centre around Harrogate, but for the size of your stuff I'd be looking at country fairs etc. I've just signed up with 'Made in Yorkshire' to do the Great Yorkshire Show, but they have plenty of other venues - big venues, but the expense could be worth it. http://www.madeinyorkshire.org.uk

I never done a country show before, but have looked into the Yorkshire Show and Otley show too. I have done large craft fairs, but to be honest they dont seem good value for money. They have lots of visitors, but the craft fairs are so expensive (I was paying 50 for a 6ft table) I never got a good return.
    The made in Yorkshire website isnt very clear. Do you have to pay to join them, or do you only pay for your stall?
    I would very much interested in doing some bigger country fairs this year. I do sell smaller things too, which I would take along, but if you could give me any more info I would really appreciate it! :-)

Helen x

I agree, not the easiest site. You have to download 3 forms (PDF) registration, booking, and another one - I've forgotten! It sound expensive - I'm paying 264 for the Yorkshire show - but that's for 3 days, and I'm assured by other people I've spoken to that it's pretty good for a country show. I'm not advertising, they could turn out to be a non starter, but so far they've been very helpful as I've never done anything this big before. It's always hit and miss at craft fairs - in my old business I did Harewood House christmas show, and just about made the stall rent, went to Garforth Hilton in August and sold out! You can't tell how people are going to be on the day. :roll:

swirlyarts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Hi,
    I used to live in Ripon and there is a big steam rally/traction engine thing in Masham during the summer. I've seen stalls there but I'm not sure what they were - it was a longtime ago that I went! It does get very busy though as it's prime tourist country round there.

Hopefully this will help - goos luck with the other fairs

Lynsey
    Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
    My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
    My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

KarismaKandles is offline Member So much more than a moderate crafter

Try This site for looking for local events its really good

http://www.visitnortheastengland.co....categoryid=106

Hope this works for you.
    Deb
    Karisma Kandles
    www.karismakandles.co.uk

2nd star on the left then straight on until morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I agree, not the easiest site. You have to download 3 forms (PDF) registration, booking, and another one - I've forgotten! It sound expensive - I'm paying 264 for the Yorkshire show - but that's for 3 days, and I'm assured by other people I've spoken to that it's pretty good for a country show. I'm not advertising, they could turn out to be a non starter, but so far they've been very helpful as I've never done anything this big before. It's always hit and miss at craft fairs - in my old business I did Harewood House christmas show, and just about made the stall rent, went to Garforth Hilton in August and sold out! You can't tell how people are going to be on the day. :roll:
    Hi Peter.

I had a look at your profile, couldnt see much, what is it you do? and which fair was it you went to at Garforth? Sorry to be nosy but I've enquired at the Hilton and haven't got any response.
    Hils

It was two years ago...................things change.

mymiyel is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

www.yorkshirefairs.co.uk do fairs around north, west and east yorkshire. They are quite busy and reasonably priced. Have a look at their website. I've not actually done one but I have just booked some dates for next year.
    Yvonne
    x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
    My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

2nd star on the left then straight on until morning.

Thanks Yvonne. I've tried them before but they were full i'll try again now they have next years up. are you doing Riply town hall if so i'll not bother, cos theres too many jewellery sometimes. Hils

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information