Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No craft jobs!!

Seahorse is offline Super Moderator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default No craft jobs!!

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

After yet another discussion with a friend about me buying a house, i have said yet again, I dont have the money and I dont want to get a job Im going to hate just so I can spend a fortune on a house .

I dispise the idea of spending 8-9 hours a day doing a job that will drain me of any happiness I have left just so I can see all the money go down the drain on solicitors,stamp duty etc.

I know I have to change my ways and get a better paid job, its really stressing me and making me very unhappy, but why arnt there any craft jobs??!!

I currently work in an office where Im employed to answer the odd phonecall and I get under 800 a month.

I know its my fault Im stuck in a rut.Does anybody want their hobby to turn into a job?

.......aaaand end of hysterical complaint.

Yeah, I often wish I could turn knitting into a job! Though the thing is, I tend to pick it up when I feel like it, and then put it down and not do it for a few days. The question I have really is would I continue to enjoy doing it if I HAVE to do it?

Tigger
    xxxxxx
    http://postpals.co.uk/banners/microb...ment150x42.gif
    Please take a moment to visit this EXCELLENT site

Seahorse is offline Super Moderator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good point.

My job is so dull Ive made craft work for myself, bosses dont mind.Suppose thats one blessing in disguise.

sounds a good blessing to me seahorse.

I think the other problem with getting paid for crafting, it would only be ok if you were self employed. I would hate having to craft to order.

It would be fun to work somewhere like a craft shop though
    Tigger
    xxxxxxx

Hmm, I used to be into fashion and people kept suggesting working in a clothes shop, at the time I was working in a toyshop and from that I could tell it would just be like working in a shop except Id be selling clothes.It wouldnt be like i could have free clothing or try things on all day, its would be working in a shop.

I suppose it would be good seeing new craft bits coming in but unless the boss would let me try things in the shop, it woudl again be like working in any shop.Id be surrounded by goodies but not be able to use them.

My boss just had a scroll saw delivered, he let me try it out but the wood kept 'jumping' leaving very unstraight lines on a piece of wood i wanted to use so that is that idea out the window.I was gona get a scroll saw for myself but it doesnt do what I want it to do so Im back to square one and a craft dream is once again at a stand still.

Im so pesimistic today,I hope i snap out of it soon.Grrrrrrrr.

I'm sorry but I had to join in - your pessimism had cheered me up a bit I'm afraid to say Seahorse!

I've been on a serious downer for a while now and have just handed my notice in on my 26k a year job today after 5 years - so however fed up you are, there's always someone else in the same or worse situation not very far away! I'm probably going to wake up tomorrow wondering what I was thinking of but sometimes you just have to do what feels right.

I've no idea what I'm going to do now - no job lined up either. So believe me you're not the only one having a bad day/month/life!

eeeeppp liz, thats kinda brave! Hope you find a new job really quickly. I guess you'll get more time to craft for a while though which could be cool.

Tigger
    xxxxxxx

Wow Liz 26k!!!!!!!
    My God, you are one of those lucky peope who earn in the double figures.

But...money is not everything.WELL DONE TO YOU for quitting.I hope you live out your dreams, whatever they are.Keep us posted.

Just reminded me, I found a job sit today.I was looking down the dull su headings of jobs it offered and all of a sudden it said 'Art and Craft.I unwardly jumped for joy, clicked on it , only to find it said 'sorry, there are no jobs in this catagory'.

What a surprise!

urgh seahorse, how disappointing

Tigger
    xxxxxxx

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information