Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

Thread: Yo Yo query

Default Yo Yo query

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

The other day I saw a yo yo maker by Clover that makes flower shapes, has anyone tried these or made their own template?

Steffi is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Hi, I've often wondered the same thing. I do remember reading on someones blog (sorry can't remember which one) that they are very easy to use. Let me know if you give it a try.

Is that the round thing with pegs around the edge? If it is, could you tell me how to use it!!! I bought mine from a craft stall in Ponty market and the owner explained how to wind the wool around the pegs to make the flower, then said to crocet the middle - that's the bit I'm stuck on!! I can crocect in straight lines, squares, etc, but not in the middle of the bloomming flower!! Can't spell crocchet either!! Debbie

Hi.

I've made lots of flower shaped yoyos by using the Clover tool. It's really easy - you just cut out your fabric to slightly larger than the plastic shape thingy, put it in between the 2 parts and then sew in and out of the little holes around the edge. when it's finished you just pull the cotton tight and it magically pulls it into the flower shape (or whatever shape tool you're using). You might need to tweak it a bit to get the exact shape that you want, but it's pretty easy.

The other thing with the pegs around the top sounds like a knitting dolly to me - you wind the wool around the pegs and then hook it over each peg and it will start to make a long thin bit of knitting that comes out the bottom of the dolly (oh er - that sounds a bit rude !!)- sorry

vInTaGe VioLeT is offline Member So much more than a moderate crafter

Default flower loom

purplemac - that sounds like a flower loom to me - i have one, no crochet involved which is a good thing as i can't either! Didn't it come with instructions? i have some if you'd like me to eMail them to you?

Steffi is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Hi, yes Purplemac it sounds like a flower loom. I remember seeing a podcast/video thingy with Cathy of California on her blog demonstrating how to use it - it looked great. (I can't post links yet but if you do a search you should find it) If you look down the right hand side under podcast you should see it. If you are like me then sometimes it is easier to understand something by watching it rather than typed instructions.

It's definately not a knitting dolly, I can work one of those!! (Impresses my 6 yr old every time!!) It didn't have instructions, don't know why. I'll google Cathy from Calfornia, but could vintage violet email instructions too? I'd be really grateful cos I've had it for yonks! My email is debbie.mcewen@ntlworld.com. Thank you very much! Debbie

I've just watched Cathy from Calafornia doing her flowers. I've been doing mine all wrong! I'm REALLY pleased I don't have to crochet the middles! Thanks for all your help. Debbie

Thread Information