PDA

View Full Version : Where should I display my cards?

lauralou1601
10-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Me and my friend spent most of the weekend making cards, and we've got quite a few now, and Ive got to thinking, I want to put them on the internet, with the idea that we can sell them, or people can ask us to make them ones for specific occasions. Kind of like a commision if you get what I mean! However, I dont know which is the best way to put them on the internet? On a blog or a website? and whats the actual difference between a blog or a website?? Im clueless!

Sue T
12-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi a blog is basically like a diary, you put on things that you are doing and people can read it and leave comments for you. A web site is obviously that. You can build your own with Mr. Site takeaway web site, it is very simple to do, i have just done one and it took me a month on and off to publish it. In my opinion a web site looks more professional and says that you mean business, if you start to sell anything you need to let the Inland Revenue know, and register as a small business, it's easy to do just phone them and give them the details they ask for, they are very helpful. Basically what I'm saying is go for it, it doesn't cost too much to set a site up nowadays, so for a small outlay between you both it would be worth having a go at it. Sorry for the essay, but if you do decide to do it, I wish you the best of luck with it. If I can help anymore, just PM me.
Sue.

Focus on Life
12-03-2008, 01:55 PM
I agree a website looks more professtional, I've done a Blog for now just until I get a decision made about a website. Or indeed whether to just test out selling through somewhere like Etsy and not bother with my own website, dunno yet (not much help I know!) :)

In the interim, my stuff is all personalised and made to order so the Blog kind-of suits that type of "displaying what I can do but ring me to discuss your order" for the time being but if I start to incorporate non-personalised things, I think a website's definitely the way to go

Shaz x

lauralou1601
13-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Awww thank you thats realy helpfull! I realy cant decide what to do though! I think ill start with a blog and then see how that goes. Thanks again