PDA

View Full Version : My Latest Painting

craftfairy
01-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Iíve been on a watercolouring course today and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I came away with a finished painting that I can frame and hang on my wall. That is if I can find any space. I feel the need to trat myself every so often and the good thing about these courses is that you get to bring something home.
Iíve added it to my blog as itís too big to put on this site.

www.blog.craftfairy.co.uk

Yvonne

Focus on Life
01-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Very nice Yvonne, Ive never tried watercolour painting, it must make you very proud to be able to produce something like that and bring it home

Well done!
Shaz x

Neesey
02-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Really Nice!!! You Go Grl!

Bumble Bee
02-03-2008, 08:18 AM
It's beautiful, I love the way ther blues satnad out. Very inspirational!

meridian
02-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Beautiful painting... I tried water colours once or twice but they didn't suit me... too delicate and I'm too clumsy.... lol... :)

Rodeo Lady
02-03-2008, 10:39 AM
You have my utmost respect for this. It is just fabby.
Well done !!!!

Cheers Janice

ilovecrafts
02-03-2008, 11:10 AM
really nice, well done

craftdancer
02-03-2008, 12:17 PM
What a super picture. I love the colours and am insanely jealous of your artistic skill.

:)
Linda

wyattbean
02-03-2008, 12:23 PM
So lovely, vibrant colour. Thanks for sharing
Sue:)

swirlyarts
02-03-2008, 01:46 PM
That's lovely!!

CurlyFries
02-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Wow, that's lovely - you are so talented!

craftfairy
06-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Gosh, thanks so much to you all. I love the painting too and I'm really glad that you all like it. I'd better get it framed now and put it on the wall.

yvonne

creative-spirit
13-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Well done Yvonne, thats a very accomplished painting for a first attempt at watercolour.
Most people are afraid of watercolours because they think if they make one tiny mistake the painting is ruined. There are many techniques for correcting mistakes. So dont hold back, have a go just like Yvonne has, you will be suprised by your results.
Yvonne, I love the way you have used the wet in wet for the sky so the clouds bleed into one another, giving that whispy effect and the peachy tint like a summer sunset sky. The trees on each side of the painting frame the scene well and balance it too, The road and the fencing are drawing your eye into the picture and leading you to the house/barn. The paler bluey green of the distant trees give depth, (I would have made them a little more blue myself) but that depth also draws the eye into the back of the scene. The perspective is enhanced by the fencing and is very well done. All in all a good painting, one you ought to be proud of.
I hope that it is the first of many.

KayCee
24-03-2008, 03:54 AM
not only lovely, but also reminds me of where I used to live :)

SusieQ
24-03-2008, 09:37 AM
LOVE that hair!!!!! Well done! Sue xx

PeggyCrafts
31-03-2008, 10:18 PM
ooh I just love your painting and all of your cards!! they are sooo pretty.

I know what you mean about lots of flowers though, the majority of my things are floral, it's always the first thing that comes into my head!!

Good luck with the watercolouring.

Helen x

23BeechHill
08-04-2008, 10:31 PM
I tried to leave a comment on your blog but it wouldn't post ???

Anyway, it was my first visit to your blog and just wanted to say your painting is beautiful !

craftyjan
09-04-2008, 06:51 AM
lovely ive done a bit of watercolour painting but havent been to any classes but i would like to to gain knowledge onperspective and where tomput shadows

Chloe FRances
09-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Wow -that is beautiful, I love the sky! Your cards are really cute too.

Chloe

craftfairy
09-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Hi Creative Spirit.

I had just better clear up the misunderstanding that this was my first painting. I've painted lots before this one. I haven't been for a while as my teacher died and this was a one-off class. We painted in the style of the artist who taught us and she likes very vibrant colours so we did them too.

I've been to another class for acrylics so I'll put that on soon. It is my first painting in theat medium.

23BeechHill, To post a comment on the blog you need to be registered with Google. Thanks for trying as all comments are much appreciated.

Yvonne