PDA

View Full Version : Craft Forum Flickr Group?

Hopej
27-02-2008, 07:50 AM
So I just had a thought, there seems to be a few of us using Flickr now, which got me wondering if we should have a UK Craft Forum group. So we can post our pics too.

I really dont know whats involved in setting up a group and moderating etc, so I dont know if there would be anyone who would be interested in doing it?

Anyway was just a little thought, I know we have Craft Juice which is great but thought it would be good to have Flickr group to?

Any thoughts?

swirlyarts
27-02-2008, 09:24 AM
I did think about setting one up a while ago but didn't get round to it. See what Mr M says as it's not tricky to do!

incywincy
27-02-2008, 09:29 AM
I've just set one up with members of MZ, plus we have just started a blog :)
craftzone at flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/24060145@N05/)

And here is our blog ~~ all feedback welcome :)
craftzone (http://mzcraftzone.blogspot.com/)

Focus on Life
27-02-2008, 03:57 PM
I've been wondering whether to join any Flickr groups that already exist but havent quite got around to finding appropriate ones yet?! Oh I did find one that sounded crafty and joined it but when I looked a bit more, there hadnt seemed to be any posts in weeks so maybe some groups get set up then just end up making themselves redundant if the originators get bored?!

I dont know enough about it yet but it sounds like a good idea :)

And Incy, your new group and blog look great

I still havent got my head round how you all find time to do so much virtual networking AND feed kids & hubbies AND make anything though?!?!?!?!

OOOOOHH JUST NOTICED I ONLY HAVE 5 MORE POSTS UNTIL I MORPH INTO SOMETHING NEW & EXCITING!!!!!!

Shaz x

indri
27-02-2008, 04:19 PM
I haven't investigated the group thing at flickr.... I guess I haven't had time yet!

wyattbean
27-02-2008, 04:35 PM
I know very little about flickr, is it easy to set up and do people find it useful? Just wondering:confused:
Sue

swirlyarts
27-02-2008, 08:21 PM
I know very little about flickr, is it easy to set up and do people find it useful? Just wondering:confused:
Sue

My friend, who is a self confessed technophobe, managed to set up a flickr account today and I don't remember it being hard when I did it.

indri
28-02-2008, 09:26 AM
I looked through some groups, and then got scared to join any as I won't have any time left for anything if I did join one!!!! Either that or I'll have to get back to doing my real work!

Neesey
28-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Most of the groups there are not really written post groups but photo posting one. At least that is the way with the ones I am a member of.Every fews days I go in and check my groups to see if there are any new photos.Then if I like what I see make a comment. You really get some good ideas from the groups. Keep up on whats new in other parts of the world.

indri
28-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Ah! So that's how they work!!!

Tip Top
28-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Well I joined cuteable on flickr when Swirly announced her announcement!!:mf:

And thats the only one I'm in....:D

incywincy
28-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Well I joined cuteable on flickr when Swirly announced her announcement!!:mf:

And thats the only one I'm in....:D

Come join my group TipTop, doesn't matter that your not a fabric person :) we would love to have you . x
http://www.flickr.com/groups/pinsandneedles/

Plus I'm dying to get over 100 members!! :D

Hopej
28-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Your one member closer to a 100 Incy! Just joined your group! :)

wyattbean
28-02-2008, 03:06 PM
I just joined too, hopefully I will have something to contribute eventually.

I'm finding it very difficult to find appropriate groups for the kind of dolls i make and the sewing i do......keep looking I suppose LOL

Sue:)

0103media
28-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Anyone its welcome to start one for the forums but I haven't got time to look after it...

Good luck :D

swirlyarts
28-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Anyone its welcome to start one for the forums but I haven't got time to look after it...

Good luck :D

I might do that then as I was going to ages ago! Anyone object?? I'm on flickr at least once a day anyway so it wouldn't be too tricky. If I do set one up would anyone else like to be an admin?

Tip Top
28-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Come join my group TipTop, doesn't matter that your not a fabric person :) we would love to have you . x

Tadah!!! Joined!!!!!!!!! I think you only need 4 more members!!:pc:

Tip Top
28-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I might do that then as I was going to ages ago! Anyone object?? I'm on flickr at least once a day anyway so it wouldn't be too tricky. If I do set one up would anyone else like to be an admin?

Maybe...........!!!!

Explain it to me on Tuesday - my head hurts today!!!!:pc:

Neesey
28-02-2008, 07:29 PM

I have no problem helping out.I like you am in flickr almost everyday:)

Neesey
28-02-2008, 07:30 PM

I joined! not sure if that gave you 100 or not:)

incywincy
28-02-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm happy to admin Swirly ;)

swirlyarts
28-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Cool - just working out the details and I'll let you know when it's all sorted!

Focus on Life
28-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Do you have enough admin-ers now Swirly? I dont think I'm qualified yet cos still very new to Flickr but if you needed me, I'm happy to learn!

Shaz x

incywincy
28-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks to all new members of pins&needles :)

woodtattoos
28-02-2008, 11:24 PM
I'll join the Crafts Forum Flickr group when it gets set up.

Unless my eyesight goes squiffy late at night.

I'll probably end up in a Crufts Forum by mistake knowing me.

Still, I put loads more pics on Flickr today. Haven't ever got round to adding pics to any groups yet though.

Si.

Hopej
29-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Thank you Swirly for offering to set up the group!

I'd love to help, but have no idea whats involved with admin, but am happy to learn the ropes!

swirlyarts
29-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Right I've just set up the group now but haven't had chance to sort out admins etc which I will only be able to do once you have joined the group. Feel free to post pics and chat in the discussions!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/647034@N24/

Hopej
29-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Thank you Swirly! I have joined!

Sprinkles
29-02-2008, 07:10 PM
I'll be joining shotly when my jewellery photos has been re-taken by best mate (ill give him yet another poke). Im not going to spoil the photo page with my piccies!!

I think this group is a fantastic idea :mf:

Are there any rules?
Like "you must be a forum member for ... weeks"? or anything else we should know!
I dont want to make a boo boo.

Rodeo Lady
29-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Thankyou for setting this up Swirley. That's me joined and will get some pictures on there soon.
Just waiting for my pals to arrive before I do.

Cheers Janice.

wyattbean
29-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I just joined, must sort some pictures out.....still finding my way around!

Sue

Tip Top
01-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Whoooo!! I've joined!!!!:mf::pc:

beadsbydesign
01-03-2008, 09:32 AM
So how do my photos appear in the group box?

ethel&edna
01-03-2008, 11:24 AM
I've joined up too. Nice to be in at the beginning of something so you can learn as it develops.

To add some photos go to your own Flickr pages, click on the picture you want to add and a list of options appears in grey above the picture. One of these is 'add to a group'. Click on that and follow the instructions.

:pc:
I'm still a real Flickr newbie and I managed it so it can't be too hard.

Thanks swirly for setting it up.

beadsbydesign
01-03-2008, 11:42 AM
I've joined up too. Nice to be in at the beginning of something so you can learn as it develops.

To add some photos go to your own Flickr pages, click on the picture you want to add and a list of options appears in grey above the picture. One of these is 'add to a group'. Click on that and follow the instructions.

:pc:
I'm still a real Flickr newbie and I managed it so it can't be too hard.

Thanks swirly for setting it up.

thanks! :D

swirlyarts
01-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Cool! There are no rules apart from the fact that you can only add 10 pictures per day and obviously only crafty pics really. It'd be nice if they had a description as to what they are but that's just my personal preference!

Focus on Life
01-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks for setting us all up Swirly! :)

Thanks for suggesting it Hopej! :)

I'll join as soon as I've had my Forum Fix from being out all day yesterday!

Shaz x

incywincy
01-03-2008, 12:36 PM
I've joined up too.

I LOVE your badges Ethal :)

Sprinkles
04-03-2008, 09:15 AM
I joined last night, and posted my jewellery piccy up on the group site, followed the instructions ethel&edna wrote, and this morning my picture has gone :nopity:

EDIT:
its back, the past couple of days something spooky has been going on!

Anyway, i love everyones craft piccies on there :D

candles by lisa
04-03-2008, 09:27 AM
All joined up today - now when I get my head around posting picutres I will get it done.

Cheers.

Lisa

:mf:

indri
04-03-2008, 10:13 AM
I've joined! Still trying to find my way around the whole flickr thing!

swirlyarts
04-03-2008, 01:21 PM
I've just written a tutorial about how to upload photo's to groups if it's any interest to you all!

http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com/2008/03/quick-flickr-tutorial.html

Rodeo Lady
04-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Thank you Swirly. Much appreciated It's written really well in a way even I can understand.... :)
I just dont know how many hours are in your day cos it seems you never stop......

Cheers Janice

glowingsunsets
04-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Whoooo I've joined. The only thing I can't figure out is how to add my website addy to my profile lol.

cloudhopping
07-03-2008, 07:23 PM
I've just joined too! Already had some photos on flickr so will post them on the group page.

ethel&edna
08-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Ooh cloudhopping your stuff is lovely... and you're only 'up the road' too.

Is it just me or has anyone else become afflicted by Flickritis since joining the Forum group?!? I can't keep off the flipping site now and my list of groups just keeps growing!!! Aaargh!

cloudhopping
08-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Love the bunny Ethel&Edna!

Yes I'm with you on the whole flickr thing - spending more time on there than actually making stuff!

swirlyarts
08-03-2008, 10:48 AM
But it is a good way to promote your stuff although it's against the rules to actually promote! I've had a couple of sales through there!

cloudhopping
08-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Swiry is there any way of knowing if flickr increases your etsy views/sales other than if people tell you they found you on flickr?

swirlyarts
09-03-2008, 09:56 AM
I don't think there is a direct way - the two sales I had through there were conducted through flickr mail and paypal so that's the only way I knew they had found me there!

creative-spirit
10-03-2008, 04:31 AM
Hi all,
I am a newbie here but I have joined the flicker group and posted a few pics of my wire sculpted jewellery. I have been making wire sculpted jewellery for about 9 months now, I really enjoy it. I am also a pastel artist and I have a vintage jewellery website too. My name on flicker is voguevintage as I already was a member of flicker under that name.
I am so glad I have found this forum for crafters, I hope I can help people as well as learn from others myself.

creative-spirit.:D