PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help wi this Blog Q?

Focus on Life
17-02-2008, 06:43 PM
...I've been trying to add a slideshow page to my Blog and can I figure it out? :pc:

In theory, it looks like it should be simple enough - I added the slideshow page element, told it to use Flickr as the source but I cant figure out the bit that wants either a Keyword or a User name? - I tried putting my Flickr username in the relevant box (with & without the @yahoo.com extension) but when I save it & preview my Blog, its showing some other dude's photos :confused:

Help me please, I is confused!
Thank you!
Shaz x

beadsbydesign
17-02-2008, 06:50 PM
I had exactly the same problem .... so I gave up!!

Focus on Life
18-02-2008, 12:37 AM
This sounds like a Challenge Anneke situation!

....gonna get to the bottom of it if it kills me...I bet Mr M knows?...gonna go and have a hunt around the Blog FAQ pages see what I can find

...a hunting we will go...

Shaz x

Focus on Life
18-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Ok...STOP THE CLOCK!...hold the phone...after much (MUCH) hunting, I've found out how to add my Flickr photos to my Blog on a slideshow!

Please visit me & see what you think!

...turns out the Flicker user ID is NOTHING like what you sign in with...you need to sign into Flickr then find this strange little page http://www.flickr.com/services/api/explore/?method=flickr.people.findByUsername

and it tells you the user ID you need to use - mine was a whole load of numbers etc

AND IT WORKS! Talk about CHALLENGE SHAZZER! I'm a happy bunny now and if I can help Beadsbydesign get that piggin slideshow set up too, I'm even happier! :mf::mf::mf::mf:

Shaz x