PDA

View Full Version : Test your web design in different browsers

DebsB
29-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Anyone who has designed or owns a website would Iím sure find this very useful http://browsershots.org/ (http://browsershots.org/) It makes screen shots of your website in different browsers using different computers. You get to see how your website looks on a Mac/Pc, which means you need never worry that your website is not showing up correctly, and that is a huge plus especially if you are selling from your website.
Hope the link proves to be helpful to someone ;)
Debs

swirlyarts
29-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Fab! we don't use IE and only check it occasionally to see how cuteable comes out and one weekend it wasn't showing up the posts at all!! This is just what we have been looking for - thanks!

Kay
29-01-2008, 10:24 PM
thats a fab website, thanks for the link

Muddle Jewellery
30-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks for that link, I've just tried it and my site is a right mess, I never realised, because it works on my browser (Safari).

If anyone does have a look at my site could you please tell me if its not working properly please and what browser you use?

Its only temporary site, but it has to work properly.

Thanks

DebsB
30-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Glad to help:D I used to have a number of browsers on my PC just for the purpose of testing my websites but always had to ask friends with Macs if they could check out the site. This has saved me so much time, and hassle, and its a free service.
Debs

DebsB
30-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Sarah,
Site looks fine:) I am on a PC Win XP Professional, Browser IE 7.
The only problem I can see is five of the item pictures are not showing up
I have listed them below as they go down the page.
name: Multi Way ref: NKMW01
name: Necklace Gift Packaging ref: NKGP
name: Necklace Gift Packaging ref: NKGP
name: Earring Gift Packaging ref: EGGP
name: Bracelet Gift Packaging ref: BRGP
name: Ring Gift Packaging ref: RGGP
hope this helps.
Debs

Muddle Jewellery
30-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Thank you so much for doing that for me.
I'll have to try to fix those images.

sweet
30-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks for that link, I've just tried it and my site is a right mess, I never realised, because it works on my browser (Safari).

If anyone does have a look at my site could you please tell me if its not working properly please and what browser you use?

Its only temporary site, but it has to work properly.

Thanks

I'm using firefox, all looks fine to me, except the same items mentioned previous

s_s.x

Muddle Jewellery
30-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Thank you for looking for me, its a big help.

fruitshoot
12-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I can highly recommend the site as well. It's odd how sites perform so differently in the browsers, even between versions such as IE6 and IE7!

Pebbles
12-02-2008, 09:57 PM
I never knew there were so many browsers!

wyattbean
13-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Thankyou so much , this is really useful.

Sue:)

James
28-02-2008, 04:04 PM
If your having serious issues getting things to work in all browsers.. it's because your not using a doctype... without one... cross browser compatibility is next to impossible...

Anne
28-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the link. I've just been in there testing my website. It actaully came up okay in nearly every browser. There's a few that have spaced the page out a little.. but overall looks okay.

James... was just wondering if I could get a little help from you. I don't have any doc type set in my website. I can see where it needs to go... but I havn't a clue what to put. (I can do the designing & uploading bits fine.. but I am not that clever when it comes to html code). If my website looks okay in other browsers, does it matter if I don't have a doc type? (I'm wondering if search engine robots use it? I trying to make some improvements so that I show up in google.. just doesn't seem to be happening!!) Any help would be ace :D

sunshine
26-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Thank you for the link!!;)