PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Sellers - Pricing Changes

colourart
29-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Has anyone else seen this? Ebay are reducing their listing charges but putting up the percentage when an item sells.

Probably will mean more profit for ebay and less profit for us ebay sellers:mad:

Have to wait and see.

http://web.ebay.co.uk/businesshub/index.php?page=price_changes_uk_general

JBJB
29-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Have you also heard that sellers will NO LONGER BE ABLE TO LEAVE NEGATIVE OR NEUTRAL feedback for buyers !!!!

:o:o:o:o:o

ezzyam
29-01-2008, 05:52 PM
I was selling lots on E Bay but found their charges were too much. Also I asked them why they were allowing people to sell items similar to mine ( baby fleece blankets ) that were infringing copyright laws by using Disney designs. I eventually got an e mail saying that there was nothing they could do to stop the sellers!! Probably more like they were making more money so don't care how!

At least I can sleep at night knowing I haven't broken any laws ( Don't think I would like to take on Disney if they wanted to sue me!!!!!!!!!! )

glasskanvas
29-01-2008, 06:17 PM
This is actually good news for me! Prices have been so poor lately that it should mean I'm not loosing so much daily.
In regards feedback...I have to say it doesn't bother me not being able to leave negative feedback. I've only had to do it once and i'm hoping my competitors will be forced to offer a decent level of service. Unfortunately people don't pay much attention to feedback and tar all sellers with the same brush.

Katianne
29-01-2008, 08:19 PM
I mainly sell via my shop as oppose to on auction - does this mean the shop listing price will also be reduced but the final value fee of a item bought through my shop will go up? If thats the case I'm a loser for sure!!!

:nopity:

glasskanvas
29-01-2008, 09:04 PM
It looks like everyone who sells mainly through the buy it now option on ebay will loose money in the changes. The positive aspect though is that ebay looks like it'll be giving more visibilty to sellers with good feedback etc so it might pay off in more actual sales.
I think ebay are just covering their own backs because peoplejust won't be spending as much this year so will be auction sniping to get want they want.

Pauline@weddingtreasures
29-01-2008, 10:23 PM
I got so fed up with ebay raising their prices all the time and losing out! There are plenty on there that are blaintly putting up a link to their own webpages when this is supposed to be a big no no from ebay and the one time I asked them for help they came back with some stupid excuse, so I've really given up on ebay to be honest.

All they are interested in is getting their money.
:pc:

colourart
29-01-2008, 10:36 PM
I mainly sell via my shop as oppose to on auction - does this mean the shop listing price will also be reduced but the final value fee of a item bought through my shop will go up? If thats the case I'm a loser for sure!!!

:nopity:

The shop inventory listing price stays the same, so I will definately be losing out there. Actually will probably be losing out all over but most of my sales come through ebay, so I'll have to suffer the changes.

sweet
29-01-2008, 11:56 PM
I went through a stage of buying and selling on ebay, but i have given up, its now my last resort for buying things. ebay is expensive, paypal too. I think you need to sell alot to make it worth while

s.x

fragg1es
30-01-2008, 12:07 AM
For the smaller seller this is very bad - FVF will increase by up to 40-50% regardless of auction, BIN or shop format. They are offering discounts to large bulk sellers that are registered business sellers and have good star ratings - it certainly looks like Ebay want to rid smaller businesses or hobby sellers.

I have never left a neg (never had the need too) but by doing this it takes away our options, our rights and in my opinion adds the myth that all sellers are con artists.

There is no doubt buyers will get braver and can in effect hold us to ransom. It wouldnt be so bad if I had faith in the NPB's procedure or if Paypal wasnt so 'biased' towards the buyers.

I make a little off ebay but I dont think I can afford the price hikes, I think I would rather invest my fees into advertising my website or look at alternative sites - at least then I am in charge of my own destiny. :)

splatcat
30-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Does anyone use any of the other Auction sites? Any good recommendations?

Pauline@weddingtreasures
30-01-2008, 07:10 AM
I've just worked out how much it would cost me to advertise on ebay for a set of my toppers!!!!! Ebay would make over 9.00 and then paypal on top would take a further 4 to 5 - thats just stupid!!!!

Anybody tried ebid at all? I did try it a year ago but it never did me any good.

My best advertising is my own webpage - swopping links with wedding related websites has raised my traffic a lot!

Pauline :mf:

BeadsbyLili
30-01-2008, 07:15 AM
I dont really understand why they have to charge 'twice' (i.e. listing fee and FVC) and as I understand it they also own paypal... so they are getting quite a tidy sum from every sale !

mymiyel
03-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi, I'm a bit late to join in with this one, but I just had to throw my 2p in there too.

I think eBay is a total rip off, espeically if you're only selling at lower prices. I tried to sell some of my excess beads and findings on there and made 14 in one month, only to be told 2 weeks later that 11 of it was going back to them in fees!!!! :o:o:o:o What was the point?! Because the other 3 probably went to Paypal!

I don't think eBay is the way to go for us arty lot anyway. I think people who shop there are looking for a bargain and aren't always willing to pay for things that are made by hand with love and care. I think we should do more to promote sites like YouCraftyLot and Etsy, they are a world above eBay, especially when it comes to quality of the products sold.

Yvonne
x