PDA

View Full Version : Polymer Clay Egg Decoration

Craftlets
24-01-2008, 02:36 PM
I make these as prize eggs for hunts. Blow out an egg, fill with rice, cover with clay and bake.

Take a 2-liter bottle cap, cover with clay and bake.

The children find the eggs for the prizes, give the children the prize, and their mothers the egg and cap. The egg stands on the cap perfectly and the mothers like it that they have a pretty what-not to take home with them.

I use cane slices so that my eggs have pretty designs on them, of course one can also paint designs on the clay as well if they are a good painter.

rainbowcentral
02-04-2009, 07:06 PM
They sound really good. I wish I had time to make everything *sigh*

nuky1982
02-04-2009, 08:19 PM
That's a great idea.. I love cane and look for any chance to use it!! :)

Happybunny
03-04-2009, 01:29 PM
That sounds like a great idea. I was wondering, do you have to fill them with rice. I thought maybe they could be decorated and made into Christmas tree decoration. If they were filled with rice would they be too heavy to hang on a tree?

Sue x

rainbowcentral
03-04-2009, 02:39 PM
I think the only reason it was said to fill them in rice would have been so they were weighed down enough not to fall off the stands? That's what i think anyway. Oooo they'd make purdy xmas decorations. :D

Happybunny
04-04-2009, 02:33 PM
I think the only reason it was said to fill them in rice would have been so they were weighed down enough not to fall off the stands? That's what i think anyway. Oooo they'd make purdy xmas decorations. :D

You are probably right about the rice! Ididn't think of that. Silly me!!!!
Sue x