Ads

Collapse

I am new at this....please tell me what you think!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cardsbysamantha
    Junior crafter
    • Apr 2014

I am new at this....please tell me what you think!

Hi all!

I have recently started making cards off of feedback from friends and family. They tell me they are great and I should try selling them at the local farmers market but I would love to hear what you all think of them and get some honest feedback on what you think and how I can improve!

Sam
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cardsbysamantha; 18-04-2014, 06:24 AM.
  • Lucy Blossom
    Mega Crafter
    • May 2013

I really like your style of cards, I think my favourites are the fishing one, the candle and the present card. If you decide to sell them, have a good look at the setting up a business section of the forum to make sure you have all the legal aspects covered (basically register with HMRC, even if you don't think you'll make a lot of money) and there's lots of great advice too.

Forgot to say to the forum too!
    Last edited by Lucy Blossom; 18-04-2014, 08:55 AM. Reason: Forget something
    Lucy Blossom
    Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
    https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

• hazelsmail
      Super crafter
      • Jul 2012

Hello and welcome to the forum my favourite two cards are the present and the fishing ones, I make cards too and just wanted to echo what Lucy has said about registering with HMRC and not forgetting insurances for business purposes too.

Comment

• graciepig349
        500+ Crafters Club
        • Jan 2014

Hi welcome to the forum, I too like the fishing and present ones the most. Best of luck :-)
        "Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools"- Napoleon Bonaparte
        www.fallfromgrace349.wordpress.com

Comment

• Christa
          Mega Crafter
          • Aug 2010

Welcome to the forum.... I agree with the advice already given about making sure you have all the business requirements (legal stuff) in place before you start booking a stall at a market. There is plenty of great advice about this on the boards already and once you have check it out you can always ask any specific questions you may have and someone will be along to answer.

While it is important to stay true to your own creative style, it can be helpful to take a good look round and see what other card makers are doing... a quick search for handmade cards on Pinterest will bring up some samples and give you a good idea of the competition. You tube can be a good place for card making (and other craft) tutorials too. We are all learning and developing our skills as we go along... it is a fun journey, enjoy it!

Comment

• 3dDave
            Super Moderator
            Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
            • Aug 2012

Hi, welcome to the forum.
            Nice cards. "Always try to make the next better than the last"..that is my motto. As Christa said, and what we probably all do, look at Pinterest, google images, other card making forums, magazines, in fact anything that will give you ideas or an edge that will make your cards stand out from all the others. Always do "The legal stuff". We are indeed all still learning and developing and everything that you look at might take you in a different direction to the one you are following just now. Nothing wrong with that, we all still remember our craft roots and return to them now and again.

Good Luck.

Dave.

Comment

• scrappylou
              100+ crafts club
              • Feb 2012

look at blogs pinterest, websites and see whats out there, get ideas inspiration see what your customers will want to buy, and always remember your workmanship, no ones wants to buy a half finished card or a tatty card or a card with a bitten edge, every card in your eyes has to be perfect. any crafter will tell you its a dear hobby for not much return
              have a look around get ideas , have fun , get messy , and enjoy it and remember your never make your millions making cards lol we do it because we love it good luck in your venture x

Comment

• John Smith
                Banned
                Junior crafter
                • Jul 2014

You must definitely go for it.Your cards are amazing.My favorites are the candle and fishing one.

Comment

• Toolbug
                  So much more than a moderate crafter
                  • Jan 2013

Hi

Look really nice cards Good Luck!
                  Toolbug Wood Carving Chisels
                  Eyelet Punch & Hole Cutters
                  Our Facebook
                  Free Eyelet Pliers Guide

Comment

• ScrapRex
                    Moderate crafter
                    • Jul 2014

I really like the lace on the love begins one, simple and elegant. And I would echo the advice already given.

Comment

• JessicaKal
                      Junior crafter
                      • Jul 2014

I absolutely love the second card and the last one, the one with the wedding dress.
                      The text/font on the mustache and flower cards can be improved..
                      good job
                      Printable Place Cards

Comment

Working...
                      X