PDA

View Full Version : Help I'm new to Crafts looking for ideas on wood

loula71
20-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Hello :), This is my first thread,:o I have never done anything in crafts,but I would like to start with Woodcraft , making wooden plaque sign for friends and family ,ie paint the wood then put nice written words on them , but I really would like a step to step guide how to do this please:pile:I know everyone is busy this time of year but all your comments will great even if its in 2008 x Thank you ,Wishing you all good health and happiness for 2008:b:

insidepainting
23-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I don't know thchnique how to do the wood crafts?But I think it is maybe simple.You can consult the carpebter around your side or search the search or books.

insidepainting
LDX Ceraminc &inside Painting Gifts Shop

Neesey
31-12-2007, 04:58 PM
I have done wooden signs for yrs.It is very easy,and with the shabby chic and americana that is so popular right now the shabber the better.
Make sure your wood is sanded really well and if you can't paint the words well look online for paint pins.They are like a marker but with paint in them.
Also surf the american web, becouse the country signs have been going strong for yrs there and will keep going.
Lots of american craft sites have signs. You can get ideas there.
You can also surf for paint finishes as well
Just remember to have fun and don't worry if you mess up.You can always paint it over.:)