PDA

View Full Version : Ready for School Christmas Fair Tonight

Pauline@weddingtreasures
30-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Well I have all my stuff with me as I am going straight from work at 4 to the school, which thankfull is just around the corner!

Already made my table money back because our cleaner brought one of Wyatts clocks.....yaaaaaaa!

I have marked down my christmas stock because I don't want to be left with it and hopefully the kids will be like them well enough to buy for pressies for grandma and grandads!

Fingers crossed I do well!!

Pauline :D

beadsbydesign
30-11-2007, 04:33 PM
finger crossed!!!

craftyfoxni
30-11-2007, 05:37 PM
good luck pauline ;) i did a school fair last night and had a good wee turn and got a booking for a church fair for November next year :jump:

Rodeo Lady
30-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Good Luck Pauline ;). I'm sure you will do well.

Cheers Janice

Snow angel
30-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Hope it went very very well for you

beadsbydesign
01-12-2007, 09:44 AM
so how did it go?

Pauline@weddingtreasures
01-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Okay, now where do I start!! LOL

first off when I got there, it was a tiny classroom that had about 15 small tables that the kids sat at all set out ready for the kids to sit on! lol.

When I asked where i was to be put, I was asked, 'where would you like to go'........!

I went next to the window so I could at least use the sill to put some stuff on. Two tables were offered to me at approx 2' x 3' which were not really enough. They said they had to get 7 stalls into the classroom (gawd know how they were going to do that)! They said cos I was there first, I could have 3 tables.........yaaaaaaaaaaa.......lol.

Not to bore you any longer, in the end there was 5 of us, one selling pj's, cards, knitted scafts/jewerly and one with imported bric a brac.........one other selling wrapping paper was in the canteen. And that was it!! just us lot.

Have to say that I did take 55 so was chuffed with that, but don't think I will do anymore!!! The blooming kids was a nightmare with picking up stuff and touching it and I lost count how times I told them to NOT swirl the hands around on the clocks!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

What is wrong with these parents that let their kids run amock like that??? One guy had his 2 year old and he must have told him about 14 times to not touch, until in the end he picked up one of my snowmen and banged in back down on the table!! That was it then......... arrrrrrrrrrr I went and he carmly picked him up and said, no before you break something.

I've now got christmas stock left that I did'nt want to have left.....lol and don't know what to do with it! Might take it down to the post office and see if they can sell it.

So there you go.....okay for getting some money, but when I count up the cost of the 3 fairs I did, I think it just about comes even but I've lost all the stock and all that time................craft fairs are not for me thank you very much...........LOL.

Tip Top
01-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Well, at least you did better at this one, but the kids sound like a nightmare and I would have been worried incase something got broken.

If you've decided not to do craft fairs, what about doing a leaflet drop in shops near you and try and sell your stock that way? Worth a try!:D

Pauline@weddingtreasures
01-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Only thing is toppy that there is only the one shop anywhere near me which is any use, which is the post office. After that its the chip shop, hairdressers, coop and chemist!

After that, its the big shopping centre as in asda, woolworths etc, and our 'town' is like a one horse street, if you know what I mean!

I've been telling Wyatt for ages now that is not our crafts that are unsellable, its the area we live in.

We would love to get away for weekends to sell stuff further afield, plus have a weekend break...............but again, it always come back to money!

one day eh!

Rodeo Lady
01-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Sorry about your experiances at craft fairs !!! Your things are just fabby.

I know what you mean about children though (little darlings:mf:)

We all have to get together and come up with ideas for you.
I do really well where there are events with a craft tent. I had to do larger venues this year more money I know but......they worked for me.

I'm going to have I think what works up here for me and try and think for venues down there.

Cheers Janice