PDA

View Full Version : Which glue?

katyjanesdesigns
27-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Hi everyone

Just wondered which glue you find the best for intricate card making - as some I have used to go everywhere and ruin the card - or they don't stick the little bits properly.

Any help/advice is much appreciated!

Thanks

KatyJane

Funkyhand
28-11-2007, 09:11 AM
I have to admit I like wet glue for pretty much everything. If you use a good quality one that has a fine tip it's easier to apply to really small areas. As I can be a messy card maker I always use glue that dries clear as well!!
There are a few new 'glue dots' types of things out too where you press the thing you want to stick on to the sheet first and the glue is attached all over ready for sticking. I have used the vellum type and it was quite good.
Anice xx :):)

Tip Top
28-11-2007, 01:47 PM
I have to admit I like wet glue for pretty much everything.

That really made me laugh!! Then I realised its not as daft as it sounds when you think about it!!

I use pritt gel - its in a silver & red bottle and Asda sell it for just under 2. It can be used quite fine (if you don't squeeze too hard!) and also for larger areas too as it has a wedge thing that you can pull down for covering large areas. I use it ALL the time and found it sticks anything (but not small children to a chair hehehe! :p)

I use some really small gems and just a tiny dot works fine and you can't see the glue unless I've been a bit cak handed.

Hope this helps!:D

Funkyhand
28-11-2007, 09:37 PM
That really made me laugh!! Then I realised its not as daft as it sounds when you think about it!!

Doh! That did sound a bit mad didn't it! :p You know what I mean though glue liquid glue rather than solid stuff!! I think I will run away and hide now!!! :behindsofa:

Tip Top
29-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Nooooooooo! Don't hide!!

When are you next on telly?! My husband thinks I'm a bit tapped with all this forum virtual friends stuff - but he's met Swirly and he's seen you on telly, so I think he sort of believes me now that you all exist! :D

Funkyhand
29-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Next TV appearance is 2nd January at 2pm. This time on Ideal World so everyone with a freeview box will be able to see me... if you watch that you will want to hide behind the sofa:behindsofa: !!!!

CraftyV
30-11-2007, 05:20 AM
I like the little glue pens for very small or thin things they are perfect and keep your work tidy. They are pretty much like a pen but with glue ...can be quite pricey but worth it for that quality finish.

hannah_myers
08-03-2008, 11:38 PM
I use double sided tape most things. If it sticks out a bit i can cut round excess and can generally cut quite small bits too (though these are more fiddly).

Ange59
05-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Hi Katyjane,

I use different glues for different jobs. I like doublesided tape or the

runner dispenser thingies for sticking backing papers or flat matting and

layering, - even been known to try and stick a bit on the back of flat

backed stones, embellishments etc. A glue pen is hard to beat for adding

fine touches of glitter I think, and foam tape (cheep from some general

shops) I use for raised matting and layering, toppers and large areas of

decoupage. Small areas of decoupage or the fine outside areas I use the

small foam squares. I only use "wet" glue for applying material

objects - cloth or bows and "flowersoft" products. Everone has their own

favourites, but these work for me. ;)

Love Ange. xx

Pagan
05-04-2008, 05:54 PM
I use doublesided sticky tape for layering/matting and sticking mirror card, pritt stick for large light items (such as inserts), pritt gel for little embellishments and either glue dots or foam stickies for larger embellishments or if I want to get that 3-d effect.

hths

craftyjan
05-04-2008, 05:55 PM
i use different types of glue for different things but for fiddlely little things i use a glue pen for bulky things like buttons and bows i use silocone and a cocktail stick

Tricia S
05-04-2008, 06:55 PM
I use various glues, double sided tape for bigger jobs, glue pen for intricate work, and a glue called , no sew fabric glue...this ones great for just about everything, I have had a small bottle for about 8 months and it is just about empty...only trouble is I can't remember where I got it from!