PDA

View Full Version : Mr Site vs. Mr Site Pro

Katianne
14-11-2007, 05:51 PM
I have been looking online at Mr Site and noticed that a new version, Mr Site Pro is due for release at the end of the month. Does anyone know anyone about this? It is more than double the price, so I just wondered if its worth the extra cost, or if I'm just as well off using the normal Mr Site?

Tip Top
16-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Not got a clue! I've got Mr Site and did wonder about the Pro but the basic one works well for me although I find it a bit restrictive at times, generally I'm happy with it.

I get sales from it anyway!!

So, if you find out, let us know!!;)

naomi126
21-04-2008, 11:30 PM
hi, i use the basic Mr site and its perfect for everything, mr site pro i think is when your needing a higher ammount of pages... i have over 800 high res images on mine and still only half used the space given!hope that helps

CurlyFries
23-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I just looked on Play.com and copied the following:

Mr Site - Standard

Specifications

Minimum Requirements
Mr Site works on any PC with Internet Explorer, AOL or Firefox. Or on Apple Mac OSX with Safari or Firefox web browsers. You will also need a connection to the Internet. We recommend a broadband connection, but dial up connections will work fine.
Features:
Your own dot com
150MB Web Space
20 email addresses and webmail (e.g. you@yourname.com)
2GB bandwidth per month
Guest book, blog, mp3 player, photogallery, password protection and more
Choose from hundreds of professional designs
Standard Shopping Cart
This information is based on specifications supplied by manufacturers and should be used for guidance only.
Description

Get a stunning professionally designed website for business or personal use. Jargon free and seriously easy to use, this is the perfect way to get your own website with no fuss. Choose your very own .com, .net, .org or .info web name (e.g. www.yourname.com) and email address. Everything you need to get your website online is in the box - including one year's hosting with a massive 150mb web space for your website and email inbox. Secure shopping cart, message board, blog, photo gallery, MP3 jukebox and password protection are just some of the superb features included. Anyone can use Mr Site. It is so easy and the results are fantastic.

Mr Site Pro

Specifications

Minimum Requirements
Mr Site works on any PC with Internet Explorer, AOL or Firefox. Or on Apple Mac OSX with Safari or Firefox web browsers. You will also need a connection to the Internet. We recommend a broadband connection, but dial up connections will work fine.
Features:
Your own dot com
600MB Web Space
50 email addresses and webmail (e.g. you@yourname.com)
Unlimited bandwidth
Guest book, blog, mp3 player, photogallery, password protection and more
More professional designs than the standard version
Advanced Shopping Cart
Mr Site SiteBoost
Business Stationery Creation Tool
This information is based on specifications supplied by manufacturers and should be used for guidance only.
Description

Get a stunning professionally designed website for business or personal use. Jargon free and seriously easy to use, this is the perfect way to get your own website with no fuss. Choose your very own .com, .net, .org or .info web name (e.g. www.yourname.com) and email address. Everything you need to get your website online is in the box - including one year's hosting with a massive 150mb web space for your website and email inbox. Secure shopping cart, message board, blog, photo gallery, MP3 jukebox and password protection are just some of the superb features included. Anyone can use Mr Site. It is so easy and the results are fantastic.

Mr Site Pro comes with the new PayPal Express Checkout Shopping Cart. It has many fantastic features including stock control, shipping charges, order tracking and a refund feature. With Mr Site Standard your shopping basket is displayed on the Paypal website. With Express Checkout it is displayed on your actual website, giving it that professional edge. With Mr Site Pro you can also apply for the PayPal Pro Shopping cart (fees apply). This allows you to take credit cards over the phone, take authorisations and make detailed sales reports. The entire shopping experience will take place on your website, from start to purchase.

The Mr Site SiteBoost tools will help internet users find your website more easily by helping you to get an optimised (i.e."boosted") entry into the major Search Engines. This is often called Search Engine Optimisation or SEO. Being boosted means that more people should be able to find your website more easily. You should get a lot more visitors and you know what that means? More visitors means more customers and more customers means more sales. So get boosting! Don't waste thousands hiring someone to optimise your website for you. Do it yourself with Mr Site, save yourself and your business a fortune and watch your website climb up the listings. No jargon, no fuss, just easy.

Look the business with your own business cards, letterheads and compliment slips created with the fantastic stationery creation tool. Choose from hundreds of designs, or create your own, add your own company logo, text and images and you're done.

Smile
04-05-2008, 05:20 PM
I think Mr Site will be more than enough for us at the moment...
I think with Mr Site Pro you are just paying for stuff that you wouldn't use. Maybe if you had used Mr Site, and your site had got to big for Mr Site to handle then you could upgrade to Pro... but 100 when the unPro version only costs about 1/4 of that price seems a bit much...
But thats my opinion

Christine 1
04-05-2008, 06:21 PM
I was looking at 'Mr Site' but then a friend suggested using Homestead which is what i use now. It is great - free for the first month & the basic package is just about 2 per month. I have now decided to upgrade to Gold & that is only going to cost me about 10 a month which is unlimited sites & pages which is great as i am planning to set up 3 more web sites through different friends of mine.

Chat soon

Christine

Anne Mr Site
30-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Hello

The main benefits of Mr Site Pro over Mr Site are below:

SiteBoost Tools (SEO)
Larger web space (600Mb)
Advanced PayPal Express Checkout online shop
Stationery Creator
Advanced Website Visitor Statisics
Online Image Editor

But you can always upgrade to Mr Site Pro at a later stage. It is a very smooth transition.

Thanks
Anne
Mr Site