PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another ****!!

candles by lisa
13-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Just for a heads up, I think most of us know the money order and Western Union **** - well someone has tried yet again only a new route.

They wanted to order 200 candles and asked for a price for the candles and shipping to Malaga in Spain. Gave them a price, they got back to me and said they would send a cheque and when it cleared send over the candles. I explained that I didn't accept cheques for overseas orders Paypal only. They got back to me and said they don't have a Paypal account and that the cheque would be drawn from an Irish bank account. Got back to them again and said I only take Paypal for overseas (again) and that you do not need a paypal account to pay by paypal just a valid e-mail address and credit card - well guess what? Any ideas? Never heard from them again.

Just to warn you all.

Cheers.

Lisa

:mad:

beadsbydesign
13-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the warning.

Almost daily I get a "I would like to place an order for X x100" style email. There are some poor people that fall for these things.

EMEvans
13-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Gawd..........will they ever stop, there's always someone trying to **** :sm:

swirlyarts
13-11-2007, 09:23 AM
People fall for the ****s though and that's why they keep trying - not necessarily for goods but people always fall for the 'You have a rich relative that has died and left you 1 Million pounds' :o
Thanks for the heads up though

Rodeo Lady
13-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks for that . Getting so fed up with these ****s.The thing is some poor person will fall for it.

Cheers Janice.

Tip Top
13-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Eeekkk!

There are some horrible people out there:mad:

caketopper
13-11-2007, 07:08 PM
cheers for the info

MrSwirl
13-11-2007, 10:29 PM
The difference with this one is that you get a cheque which you can pay in - typically an overseas bank but paid in sterling. You leave the cheque to clear, and send the goods off, because your account shows the money is there.

Unfortunately, the slowness in the banking system means that they can still take the money back at any time - strictly speaking, there is no such thing as a cleared cheque. The fact that the cheque comes from overseas means it takes a bit longer to get rumbled as suss - you think it's cleared and weeks later they tell you it's a fake and take the money from you.

If it's from overseas, don't take payment unless it's cash or credit card.