PDA

View Full Version : Shop lifters at Craft Fairs!?

Hopej
26-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi ya,

Was just wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to prevent shop-lifting. Just doing a stock take (as had a craft market at the weekend) and have noticed that one of my bracelets has gone!:mad: I have checked through every box twice.

I'm actually quite upset about this (as i'm sure you can imagine) I'm new to the craft/jewellery business world and feeling a bit low anyway about it all (got the i'm no good at this blues), and this has made me feel worse!

Will def be more careful in the future (it was my 1st craft market!) but does anyone have any tips for good displays that wont tempt sticky fingers.

Would really appreciate any advice, seem to be learning everything the hard way at the moment!

Thanks in advance x

craftyfoxni
26-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Not had stickey fingers at a craft fair but have had at the carboot sales i do for charity and i know how you feel it sort of takes the shine of the rest of the day :mummy: all i can say is keep the expensive/good stock at the back of the table or up high on boards etc and try and grow eyes in the back of your head, but don't give up it will get better ;)

swirlyarts
27-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Another thing to try would be to pin your stuff down. There was a thread about it on the Etsy forums a while ago. I think you can get U shaped pins that you use to pin your bracelets to a board - not sure where from though. You've also got the disadvantage then that people can't spontaneously try your things on and they have to wait for you to unpin it. But if it's stock that is worth a lot then it might be worth it.

Hopej
27-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Thank you for your replies, will look into getting some pins, and super vision!!

0103media
27-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Look at the positive side... Someone really liked your stuff!!

(welcome) btw

MrSwirl
29-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Look at the positive side... Someone really liked your stuff!!

(welcome) btw

That's exactly what I was going to say (apart from the Welcome bit at the end).