PDA

View Full Version : Swirly's chickens!!

incywincy
22-10-2007, 12:36 PM
How fab are Swirly's chickens?

Super FAB! Come and tell us a bit about your chickens Swirly

What inspired you?
How many chickens do you have in your family now? Do you name them?
What do you use to fill them?

(feel free to post each answer on separate posts) :p

:mf::mf::mf:

Tip Top
22-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Have a look at her blog - the breaking news is that the chickens will have some new friends! Hehehehehe!!

I've got a large custom made chicky on order for mum for Christmas to go with her kitchen (see how thoughtful I am!)

And I've bought a little chicky for someone at work who goes on mat leave next month. She's having an extension built but used to keep chickens but they've had to go to make room for bigger house. So, voila! A little chicky is needed to remind her of them!! (once again, I am very thoughtful!)

I think we should start a list of what events / occassions you need a Swirly Chicken for!! :D

swirlyarts
22-10-2007, 08:57 PM
I have several 'early' chickens in my house - particularly the ones before I perfected the zip stitching. There's one in our bedroom that's has a dodgy zip - the rice keeps coming out! I hasten to add this is one of the early swirly chickens!
We have 4 at the moment in our house - 1 propping the door to my craft room, 1 to our bedroom, 1 that needs fixing downstairs that has no door yet and Anya has one for her door (the first one I ever made) that is made from two fabric napkins so it is huge - it's called Big Fat Hen.
The original cheeky chicken was made from stripey red,blue and white fabric and sonce then I have made a whole host of them in various fabrics. I've used lots of 70's fabrics for a recent wholesale order and when they are all finished I will be posting photo's!
Can't think of anything else to add about my chickens but feel free to ask more questions. Sorry it wasn't in more than one post :D

incywincy
22-10-2007, 09:23 PM
I've used lots of 70's fabrics for a recent wholesale order and when they are all finished I will be posting photo's!
:D

Thanks Swirly... Can't wait to see the 70's disco dancing chicks!! :mf:
What are the 'new friends' tip top mentioned? I've check your blog, but must have missed something!! :confused:

swirlyarts
22-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Ducks! Samuel (her son) had commented that I needed to get some ducks to go with my chicken avatar! I don't think I could get the beaks to work though!!

incywincy
22-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Ducks! Samuel (her son) had commented that I needed to get some ducks to go with my chicken avatar! I don't think I could get the beaks to work though!!

Maybe not ducks, but you could do some different birds or even animals??

What about some festive Robins.... I have just posted my little felt robin onto my blog. That would work, just make them the same shape as your chickens and give them a red breast!! ;) They would look fab!!
You could even do mini ones to hang on the xmas tree :mf:
Oh... I'm loving that idea :p

___
http://incywincytogs.blogspot.com/2007/10/winter-is-coming.html

swirlyarts
23-10-2007, 07:11 AM
A range of mini chickens are in the pipeline to hang on the Christmas tree! The prototype has been made and it looks good! Just got to cut out the bits for the first batch! I like the idea of the robons but I'm not sure if I've got any red - apart from the felt I use - doh!! Might give it a try!

incywincy
23-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Swirly, are you on the 'UK WAHM' group on facebook? I've just seen one of your chickens on there under a different name??
:confused:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2389337571

swirlyarts
23-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Nope that's not me - it's one of the other types of chicken out there - if you look the beaks are different and it has a ruffly thing on it's chin - not a swirly chicken. There are others out there on Etsy and Flickr - I try not to let it bother me as others may have come up with the idea independently from me.

Oh I sound all grown up there!!

incywincy
23-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Lol... how dare they!
Your cheeky chicks are the best :D

swirlyarts
23-10-2007, 08:17 PM
It does say on my etsy shop that my chickens are the original ones but hey, not a great deal I can do. Now if someone I knew was blatantly copying then I would be cross :D

Tip Top
24-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Yep you chickens are the best and most realistic (without mess & noise of course!):mf: