PDA

View Full Version : How do I mount a rubber stamp please?

Nyse
19-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi, I bought the flowersoft bicycle stamp, thinking it would be acrylic and fit on one of my blocks but it is a rubber stamp (unmounted) how do I use it please? thanks!:)

goldy1
19-10-2007, 04:43 PM
I put double sided sticky tape on mine.

craftfairy
22-10-2007, 11:22 AM
There is a product calle EZMount which is made for using with unmounted rubber stamps and acrylic blocks.

See it on this link.

http://www.craftfairy.co.uk/Product.asp?pid=896

It comes with full instructions and is really easy to use. I use it all of the time with my stamps.

Yvonne

stamperuk
30-10-2007, 09:08 AM
There are many ways to mount unmounted rubber stamps, as other reply say Easi mount is one way also double sided sticky tape and even a pritt stick, I myself use a way similar to the halos system by using velcro easily obtainable from B&Q. this is self adhesive and in two parts the hook and the eye. Fix a strip or two of the hook tape to a wooden or acrylic block and the eye tape to the back of the rubber stamp. this then acts as the cushion to give a good impression when you stamp, and also means that you can use the block and interchange the stamps, also you can fix strips of the hook tape to a4 card and use as storage pages to store the stamps
Give it a try and see what you think, I find it works exceptionly well and is very cost effective.

Sugar Nellie
01-01-2008, 05:58 PM
I use a lot of unmouted raw rubber (red or grey) and I just trim it down and stick it on to my acrylic block using a glue stick (prit) and clean in now and then.I also have the magnolia stamps which come on EZmount and they need nothing to make them stick.

cherry nelson
23-01-2008, 04:30 AM
i just crazy glue it.... it works for me. give it a try?!

craftfairy
18-01-2009, 07:39 PM
As some of the others say, you can stick straight on to the acrylic block with glue but, and this is a big but, You may get imperfections in the rubber that will mean that the stamp does not work properly. If you use EZ Mount then it seems to iron these out. It also cushions the stamp properly. I really wouldn't be without it.

I also use Stazon to stamp the EZ Mount with the image before I stick it to the foam. this helps a great deal with identifying the stamps in the box later on.

Hope that this helps,

Yvonne

mizgeorge
18-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Another great option is tack n peel cushion. Rather than having to EZ Mount every stamp, this sticks to your acrylic block and provides a cling surface for stamps, as well as cushioning for stamping. I like it a great deal, though it doesn't solve the storage problem quite as well as EZ mount.

craftfairy
13-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Hi,

QWhat's a 'tack and peel cushion'? It sounds interesting.

Yvonne

craftybeader
13-10-2009, 07:21 PM
I use acrylic blocks and Pritt stick with an old mouse mat under the item to be stamped :D