PDA

View Full Version : Where are you all from?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

indivijeweluk
23-09-2007, 05:21 PM
i have read a few threads in the suggestions section about having a way to find people be county, I think this would be a fab idea, the moderator says if you want to know, then ask so here i am, where are you all, and what are you into? I am a jewellery maker from Selsey west Sussex hello everyone!
Justine

caketopper
23-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Im a polymer clayer from Northants but have just moved to Southend

larryfroot
23-09-2007, 05:50 PM
I am a sculptor/moulder/caster (and tarot reader) and I operate from rural Devon. :)

Peter
23-09-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm an alliterative white witch from wakefield...................oh, I bead a bit as well. :D

Bren
23-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Hi, I make jewellery and I'm living in Hornchurch, Essex.
Larryfroot -I read the Tarot too. :)

Tip Top
23-09-2007, 07:25 PM
I need to think about this one;)

colourart
23-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Arty type from a town no-ones heard of in Suffolk. If time allows I do like to sew, make cards and craft with my children.

littlesnuggler
23-09-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm an alliterative white witch :D

What's one of them? Very interested Peter, do tell.

littlesnuggler
23-09-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm from Scarborough on the North Yorkshire coast although I lived in Guernsey for 10 years. I make fleece/faux fur footmuffs and also jewellery when I've got time.

nattynetty
23-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Arty type from a town no-ones heard of in Suffolk.

Hee hee not quite everyone Amanda, I know your town very well as I used to work in the Cangle ;)

nattynetty
23-09-2007, 09:47 PM
I live in Suffolk and carrying on the tarot theme my hubby reads them too and is an ex-hippy :jippie:- yay I finally get to use that smiley!

colourart
23-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Hee hee not quite everyone Amanda, I know your town very well as I used to work in the Cangle ;)

Small world, my son goes to school there, he loves it. Did you teach there?

Pauline@weddingtreasures
23-09-2007, 11:19 PM
I live in Tamworth and I make cake toppers, figurines, animals etc from clay, and I paint rocks (when I have time),

Pauline :D

nattynetty
24-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Small world, my son goes to school there, he loves it. Did you teach there?

Nope I worked in the other Cangle (Junction) with 'disaffected' teenagers - oh the joys of Haverhill teenagers :o

candles by lisa
24-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Candlemaker from not so sunny Glasgow.

Cheers.

Lisa

:D

irishgeorgie
24-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi i'm from the north west Ireland were the sun never shines (only joking) Its raining at the mo.
I like dabbling in most crafts, cross-stitch, quilting etc

Am thinking of having ago at willow weaving anyone tried it before

beadsbydesign
24-09-2007, 12:58 PM
jewellery maker, tiara maker, bag maker from South Cave in east Yorkshire.

colourart
24-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Nope I worked in the other Cangle (Junction) with 'disaffected' teenagers - oh the joys of Haverhill teenagers :o

You must be very brave...

Poppy4lee
24-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi, I'm from Derby (soon moving to Castle Donington) I make..soaps, bath bombs, foot soaks, bath teas, aroma beads & pot pourri, bags, slippers, crocheted jewellery ...I also sell charms & fondings for jewellery making. Phew, I think that's about it!!

clair
24-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi I,m from Hartlepool I make beaded and gemstone jewellery and at the moment i,m making beaded christmas decorations.:)

littlesnuggler
24-09-2007, 09:06 PM
jewellery maker, tiara maker, bag maker from South Cave in east Yorkshire.

Ooooooh, I once went to a really posh wedding in South Cave, at some sort of castle type hotel - very nice.

Dinky Belle
25-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Hello, I am from the Last of the Summer Wine country. Yes the filming is interesting to watch, the show is good for local tourist business but a nightmare for the locals logistically when they are filming.Bah humbug...traffic jams!
I like to make cards, sew, stick and glue and anything that generally creates a mess! I'm currently having a go at papier mache... just finished a garbage monster for my son and now he would like a penguin(!?!) lol.

Dinky
x :)

nattynetty
25-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Hello, I am from the Last of the Summer Wine country. Yes the filming is interesting to watch, the show is good for local tourist business but a nightmare for the locals logistically when they are filming.Bah humbug...traffic jams!

Oooh I'm jealous, it's beautiful up there...plus they have loads of hills to roll down in converted bathtubs apparently ;)

I grew up in 'Lovejoy' country and we frequently had roads closed while they were filming which was a complete nightmare at times - great fun watching the episodes though playing 'spot our village' :D

indri
25-09-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm a person in a white coat from Coventry who occassionally does a bit of quilling.

julie jarvis
25-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Hi im Julie from a small village in West Wales, called Pontyates, anyone heard of it, I have started card making, but i also do sewing <> knitting & crochet, & a little crossstitching now & again.
Julie xx :):)
:horse:This reminds me of me!!! always dropping something!!!!!
no not that,:confused:

sand
01-10-2007, 05:11 PM
I am a hairdresser by trade, but have been exploring different possibilities with fimo for quite some time.
I'm from south wales.
Hi Helen - littlesnuggler, the fleece was great thank you, I didn't expect to see you here. LOL

truly
02-10-2007, 03:52 PM
i sell knitted food i make and iam from york

paulinespassions
02-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Hi I am from fife and I make cards and wedding stationary and I scrapbook
where are all the people from my area.
pauline

beadsbydesign
02-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Ooooooh, I once went to a really posh wedding in South Cave, at some sort of castle type hotel - very nice.
Cave Castle.... it's a former manor house now golf course and hotel with a gym..... of course we peasents from the village never get to go!!!

just_mai
03-10-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm from brandon in suffolk and i make and sell soap, beauty and bath products as well as aromatherapy remedies.

samsq
03-10-2007, 03:44 PM
I live on the beautiful island of Anglesey, just off the North Wales coast. (If you've been to Dublin via Holyhead you will have passed through Anglesey).

Now days I papercraft, in the form of scrap-booking and card making, but I also enjoy sewing, especially patchwork & quilting.:)

girlyracer
17-10-2007, 06:28 PM
I live in Basildon, Essex but I originally come from London so I'm not a true "Essex Girl". I make candles and I also knit.

Ruby

incywincy
17-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Hi, I'm from Derby (soon moving to Castle Donington) I make..soaps, bath bombs, foot soaks, bath teas, aroma beads & pot pourri, bags, slippers, crocheted jewellery ...I also sell charms & fondings for jewellery making. Phew, I think that's about it!!

You will be near me when you move! I'm about 5 miles away in Hathern near Loughborough.
;)
But originally from Lichfield, staffs.

Sue T
18-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi I'm from Emmerdale country,I live in a little town called Otley, which is Hotton on Emmerdale, they also film bits of Heartbeat and the Chase here.
I make Jewellery, Tiaras, Wedding Stationery and Greeting Cards. Anyone near me?
Sue.

Elspeth
19-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Hello! I live in a tiny village equidistant from Portsmouth, Southampton and Winchester. I make cards, some very simple beady-type jewellery (to go with the Capt Tortue clothes I sell, largely) and take French clubs and amdram and sing. And I used to read Tarot, too - now you've all mentioned it I'm quite twitchy to get back into it again. And I look after my gorgeous little 4-yr-old.

Rodeo Lady
20-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Hello,

Live in Edinburgh, Born in Glasgow,Worked in Stirling !!!

Went across central Scotland in a straight line .

Cheers Janice.

P.S Married /2 Children/1 dog/1 cat/2 ferrets.

sunbatheintheshade
25-10-2007, 11:29 PM
i live in Manchester...(south) in a tiny one bed flat with paper...cards....glue...glitter...ribbons....all around me...its crazy! but one day i will be rich from all my hard work...
its all worth it though...

rach x

:sleep:

Elena
28-10-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm a person in a white coat from Coventry who occassionally does a bit of quilling.
:)Hi I`m also from Coventry, I run my on-line shop and make glass blown flowers. Nice to meet you;)

yiota
20-11-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm an avid cross stitcher from Farnborough, Hampshire ;)

Kookaloo*Starr
20-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Hi y'all
I'm from a small town in Nottinghamshire and dabble in all sorts of crafty goodness :D Sewing,knitting,crochet,embroidery,soapmaking..... Jack of all trades (you know the rest *lol*)

Pebbles
20-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Only two Scots? BOO! I am in Glasgow, although not scottish, I am what the locals call fauxstralian as I have some kind of funky half English half Australian accent, although the accent is more weegie than it was 2 years ago

I have also lived in Otley, so Hi Sue from Otley!

I make jewellery when I have time (i.e. not on the forum whilst I am sitting in my office pretending to do work)

I am so jealous of the amount of bead shops in England, there seems to be loads, although Scotland ha about six of its very own shops, one of which I have visited

caroleanne62
20-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi, Im from livingston which is about 15 miles from Edinburgh and i make beaded jewellery.

I recently did my first craft fair and i made 25!

Not bad for a first attempt,hasnt put me off.

Caroleanne.:)

littledragon
20-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi I'm from Emmerdale country,I live in a little town called Otley, which is Hotton on Emmerdale, they also film bits of Heartbeat and the Chase here.
I make Jewellery, Tiaras, Wedding Stationery and Greeting Cards. Anyone near me?
Sue.

Is menston close enough?!:mf:

pandylou
20-11-2007, 10:35 PM
hello everyone. I live in a small village out side Goole in East Yorkshire. I do quilting and patchwork. Plus some scrap booking. Bye Pandylou;)

craftymate
21-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Wow loads of crafters from up north and not many from down south.
l'm from london not far from the O2 Arena formaly know as the Dome :)

TwistedWitchie
22-11-2007, 12:12 AM
I was born in Taxes, But I have been livin in the UK a very long time now, And I'm in Berkshire now.

toots
24-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Well, where do I start?????? Born in Warrington in Lancs, brought up in Leicester, lived in S****horpe, Doncaster, Edinburgh, Hampshire, now my caravan has come to rest back in Leicester, on the outskirts not too far from Bradgate Park.

In my time I have been a knitter, sewer,embroiderer, cake maker, cross stitcher, patchwork and quilter, now a machine embroiderer making ring pillows..

I knitted and sewed when my children were small, trained as a chef and made wedding and birthday cakes, after a trip to the US I started cross stitch and then patchwork and quilting. I have just been able to buy my dream machine and am now combining quilting with machine embroidery and making ring pillows.:D:D Oh I almost forgot, I embroider inserts for card making too.....................

LynnR
25-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi,
I just joined the forum :) I'm in Penygroes, Near Caernarfon, North Wales.

I enjoy papercrafts of most kinds but especially love decoupage.

I have a craft shop in Penygroes as well as a web site and we also design and program software for crafting, between it all we keep pretty busy :))

Lynn :)

Neesey
24-12-2007, 03:49 AM
Hello..........I live in Embo,Dornoch Scotland.Its claim to fame is that Madonna married here.I have been in to UK for about 3 yrs,coming from Virginia U.S.I was a floral designer for 26 yrs.and then went on the southern craft show trail for about 4 yrs.I paint funiture (shabby chic ) and do a lot of sewn crafts. I also do a lot of Americana.When I first came to the U.K. I lived in County Durham and painted some funiture for dealers but not really gotten into much sence I came to Scotland. Am thinking of starting up again but really don't want to go the craft show route again. Would rather sell to shops and stay at home. Anyone have any ideas how I can go about marketing my wares? Things are so much diffrent here.I could go into a shop anywhere in Va and sell with no problem,but here when I can find a shop that looks like they may carry what I do they will not talk to me.Could use any ideas you may have.:)
Neesey

Jo W
24-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Hi

I live in Northampton and I make silver and Semi precious gem jewellery.

nattynetty
24-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi Neesey and (welcome)
I have friends in Virginia and have spent many a happy day going round some wonderful craft fairs over there :) Also I know what you mean about the shops, one friend owns a gift shop and last time I was over there she had some beautiful handcrafted stuff in there. If you look on the forum under the business section you'll find some discussions about getting your work into shops over here.

youyours
24-12-2007, 10:27 AM
I am from a small town outside Stockholm in Sweden, moved to Stockholm when I was 18 and have since then lived a few years in Amsterdam and Vienna. Now I live in Douglas - Isle of Man. Making silver jewelry. Want to learn how to mix in gold in my stuff and also enamel.

Merry Christmas everyone!! :mf:

--Helen

Neesey
24-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Hi Neesey and (welcome)
I have friends in Virginia and have spent many a happy day going round some wonderful craft fairs over there :) Also I know what you mean about the shops, one friend owns a gift shop and last time I was over there she had some beautiful handcrafted stuff in there. If you look on the forum under the business section you'll find some discussions about getting your work into shops over here.

Thanks Natty..............I am getting ichy fingers again:) Need to get into the flow again.What part of Va have you been in.I am from a little town called South Hill but lived most of my adult life in The Tidewater area (Va Beach )as well as N.C,Az,Ca,Ky,and W.Va.

nattynetty
28-12-2007, 09:24 PM
What part of Va have you been in.I am from a little town called South Hill

Mainly round Shenendoah valley, our friends live just outside Woodstock...I remember being quite disappointed when I was younger and realised it wasn't the Woodstock.

Neesey
29-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Mainly round Shenendoah valley, our friends live just outside Woodstock...I remember being quite disappointed when I was younger and realised it wasn't the Woodstock.

I lived in Stanton Va off I 81, and worked at the Va school for the Deaf and Blind in my younger years.Love the Blue Ridge.Scotland reminds me of those Mts:)

brightspark
29-12-2007, 07:27 PM
I live in a little market town about 20 miles from Norwich. Its very small and no craft outlets, now can you believe that?

Xantia
30-12-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm from Stroud and I make cards and papercrafts.

Debeadz
31-12-2007, 07:57 AM
I'm from Stroud and I make cards and papercrafts.

I'm in Gloucestershire too! :)

I live in a town called Winchcombe (just north of Cheltenham)

Xantia
31-12-2007, 09:51 PM

I know Winchcombe, it's a lovely little town.

Kay
02-01-2008, 10:49 AM
I am from Hayling Island, live right on the beach, bliss

PerkyPigs
25-01-2008, 11:52 AM
I live near Torquay in Devon, and knit, sew, decorate eggs, and make cards.

Jules x

ethel&edna
25-01-2008, 12:37 PM
What a fab thread!

I'm in Lichfield, Staffs and love anything textiley - doll-making, quilting, embroidery, etc, etc - but also ceramics and paper stuff too. Basically anything 3D I love but I need to get focussed! lol

Muddle Jewellery
25-01-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm in Cradley Heath, West Midlands.
Jewellery designing & making.

Focus on Life
25-01-2008, 04:25 PM
...a little place called Bacup not far from Rawtenstall in Lancashire. Kinda betwixt Burnley and Rochdale if those names are more familiar

I love making framed pictures and cards, gift boxes, bags, hanging baubles from people's own photographs and am just starting out trying to turn it into a business - yikes

Shaz :)

Sprinkles
25-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Hey, I am from Bath, in Somerset.
I make bead and crystal jewellery, and also dabble in synthetic hair falls

mandxx
25-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi im Amanda I live in Belfast and make soaps and bathbomb etc.

indivijeweluk
25-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi Kay,
I live not tooo far away from you, I am in Selsey nr chichester, we moved here about a year ago and are a stones throw from the beach too, I go to a silver course in the hayling college.
It's nice to meet like minded people on here,
take care
Justine

coolrunnings
27-01-2008, 09:41 PM
I live in Kent at the moment but am moving back to Hampshire soon, going back home to Southampton!

Can't wait!

I make cards, and have just started scrapbooking. My mum, auntie and cousin also do scrapbooking and so will be great to be back home soon, so we can have craft afternoons!!!!

resmi
28-01-2008, 11:49 PM
All the way from Cyprus. My Father was American, I lived in Kentucky for 12 years and headed back to my birth place. I am a sketch board artists, I like to art with my pencil ( which I always have with me in my ears :P).

Anita.

sweet
29-01-2008, 12:02 AM
I live in Kent at the moment but am moving back to Hampshire soon, going back home to Southampton!

Can't wait!

I make cards, and have just started scrapbooking. My mum, auntie and cousin also do scrapbooking and so will be great to be back home soon, so we can have craft afternoons!!!!

OOH I was born in Kent...Tonbridge, then had an awful stint in Ashford (ergh) & now live in the lovely Gloucestershire (Gloucester). I like to paint (and pretend i'm an 'artist'..lol)

s.x

glasskanvas
29-01-2008, 01:22 AM
...and I'm a glass maker/ jewellery maker from Liverpool...Smack bang in the centre of it, in fact the building opposite is the Liver Building (which is a big ugly brute of a thing).

Bumble Bee
29-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Hi there,
Im from Leicester and i make bathing and skin care products, felt, paper, jewellery and cards. Never bored! I love crafting....... ill have a go at anything!

Have a good day everyone.
x Maria :b:

ezzyam
29-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi all

Not far from Kay, I'm in Chandlers Ford just outside of Southampton. I love making all kinds of things and have just gone back to college in the evenings to learn to play the piano. So if you are ever in Chandlers Ford just follow the noise to find me!!!!!!!!!!

Penny
xx

crafty-clarie
29-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Hi there,
Im from Leicester and i make bathing and skin care products, felt, paper, jewellery and cards. Never bored! I love crafting....... ill have a go at anything!

Have a good day everyone.
x Maria :b:

Me too!! I do jewellery (doesn't everyone?). I live in a village just outside of Leicester. Reading all the posts here we seem to be in the minority!!

Claire x
:jippie:

Sue T
29-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Is menston close enough?!:mf:

Just seen this, sorry.
Yes Menston is very close, just up the road.
Sue.

christine
07-02-2008, 09:30 PM
I love all craft making. Do many cards..
based on Norfolk/suffolk border...:D

ladyluckjewellery
08-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Me too!! I do jewellery (doesn't everyone?). I live in a village just outside of Leicester. Reading all the posts here we seem to be in the minority!!

Claire

I'm another Claire, also a jewellery maker and polymer clay beads, from a village not too far from Northampton, and just 30 mins or so from Leicester.

Not too many people in the Midlands area and from what I can see we're all within about 30 miles of each other :)

Claire

Beadservice
09-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi all,

Debbie from Northumberland, the land of sheep and castles

Debbie

colynscottagebears
09-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Hi I am from fife and I make cards and wedding stationary and I scrapbook
where are all the people from my area.
pauline

Hi there, I`m from Fife *waves*

colynscottagebears
09-02-2008, 11:44 PM
My name is Lynn I come from Fife in Scotland and my passion is needle felting (also into witchcraft and read tarrot) carrying on the theme! I started needle felting last year after buying a needle felted bear for my mum and becoming intrigued with how it was made

wyattbean
10-02-2008, 09:33 AM
And I'm a doll maker from Wiltshire.
Happy crafting
Sue x:)

skyebedoo
15-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum. I originally come from Kent, but moved to East Sussex 20 years ago, I now live in St Leonards on Sea. I make faeries and pixies or any type of fae folk from polymer clay. I have just started making faerie themed cards and mosaics for gardens.

Roseberry Crafts
15-02-2008, 07:52 PM
I was born in Surrey, lived in W.Sussex as a child, Harrogate (N.Yorks) as a teen, Beverley in East Yorkshire when I first married, North Lincs after that and two years ago I landed in Stokesley, North Yorks!

Is anyone else near me? Everyone seems to be right down in the south or the midlands!

Focus on Life
15-02-2008, 10:32 PM
For my work many moons ago I used to take the train from Manchester to Harrogate and it was a lovely journey

I'm not that far from you, just on the edge of the West Yorks border!

Shaz x

Nijani
15-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Bonnie Scotland for me.....although originally from Cornwall..Pasties and Haggis yum

AlexandraB
16-02-2008, 01:26 PM
I grew up in Midsummer Murders country (Thame, Oxfordshire - they always seemed to be filming near us)
I studied at Staffordshire Uni for three years then moved to Buckingham where I make sterling silver jewellery and tiaras.

There doesn't seem to be anyone living that close to me.

littlethistle
20-02-2008, 09:48 AM
hi, im a kiltmaker and dressmaker from Dunbar Scotland

Tracey x

beadsbydesign
20-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Beverley in East Yorkshire when I first married, !

I'm in South Cave!

SusieQ
20-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Hi am from the Wirral. I love making cards. It really is a passion of mine. I would never make a fortune from it as I can spend literally hours to get one just right!!! Cheers! Sue xx

lilly_angel
20-02-2008, 12:18 PM
i'm in devon i love cardmaking,scrapbooking and atc's

saz x

missXzzim
21-02-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm in Dunchurch, Warwickshire, creating hand knitwear and accessories.

Kerry

Redmaxi
22-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm Maxine and a newb to the forum but have been crafting on and off for years. I'm currently in Peterborough Cambs with my OH of 10 years but will be moving to Vught in the Netherlands this year .......yay!

I like drawing and general artwork but I'm currently trying out various different crafts like, sewing (home decoratives), painting (furniture and household objects), decorative wreath making etc

I have a piccie to post of one of my first projects for a bit of feedback from you talented folks but I haven't posted enough yet!!

Maxine :D

Dingledel
23-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Just having a look to see if anyone is "local"- it can seem rather lonely in my little corner of the world sometimes!!!

I am origianlly from SE London but have lived in Kent for about 20 years now. I knit but most of my crafty time now is spent papercrafting!:)

meridian
24-02-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm in Derbyshire, quite near to Derby actually, though I'm origionally from America, I grew up just north of San Fransico. I like to paint, knit (often rather badly as I am completly rubbish at patterns), make beaded jewellery, and sketch. :)

mymiyel
26-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Helloo,

I'm from Sheffield plus some student and post-student years in Leeds.

I currently make jewellery and cards and other things that pop into my head and I'm always wanting to learn more so if anyone has any really good tips on bookbinding, metalsmithing, photography, soapmaking, etc etc - be sure to pass them on!

Yvonne
x

Hellflower
01-03-2008, 01:39 AM
I'm a jewellery and card maker and I live in Otley West Yorkshire and I have just discovered this forum.

I work full time so don't do as much as I would like but do sell jewellery and jewellery greetings cards for International Charities.

myesmee
04-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Hi

I'm also a jewellery and bead maker from Asia - Malaysia. Would like to share some experience. I own a shop that selling all kind of beads product, soon would like to expend my selling through website, but dont have any idea how to promote it.

Aine2
04-03-2008, 08:41 AM
I teach and demonstrate sugar craft, modeling with sugarpaste (fondant). I'm a cake maker and decorator and a part-time carer to a young man with complex special needs. I used to do scrapbooking and have so many tools, stickers, punches etc but sadly have very little time to keep this hobby up now. I hope to get back to it at some point though.

sweet
04-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Just having a look to see if anyone is "local"- it can seem rather lonely in my little corner of the world sometimes!!!

I am origianlly from SE London but have lived in Kent for about 20 years now. I knit but most of my crafty time now is spent papercrafting!:)

I was bought up in kent - Tonbridge, then moved to ashford. My fella is from essex but was living in gloucester when we met, we moved to gloucester when we had our little boy. I dont get down to kent much anymore, once or twice a year to visit the family! i wouldnt move back again, but I have quite a nostalgic feeling each time i'm driving down on the m20 to see my family!!

somerset artist
05-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Sunny Somerset - well it is today! On the levels to be accurate, we rent a farm cottage and are surrounded by glorious countryside.

For the last five years or so I have been painting and selling on eBay and recently started making dolls house furniture (most of my paintings are miniatures for the dolls house market) and am now really thinking about getting involved in organanising some local art and crafts fairs.

Andrew

creative-spirit
10-03-2008, 05:31 AM
Hi I am Dave...aka creative-spirit,
I am a pastel artist and wire sculpted jewellery maker from Cardiff in South Wales UK.
Am a Spiritualist, a tarot reader and medium for many years now.
:b:

etvoila
10-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Hi
I'm in Fontwell - right by the racecourse.

knitnstitchsue
15-03-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm originally from South Yorkshire.
I've lived in Derbyshire & Leicestershire.
I spent 12 years as a hotelier in Blackpool.
Lived in France for a little while (dept. 86, Vienne) and ended up in Lancaster 4 years ago.
It's not a bad place, but there's so much more to see ...... :)

Gingerjoe
15-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Im from kent & I make paper miniatures & im a photographer :)

apinkraven
16-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi, I'm Karen (Kaz to my friends) and live in Maidenhead, Berkshire, originally from East London. My "thing" is painting and I have just qualified to do adult work classes in a specific technique of oil painting.

I also cross stitch and do 3D Decoupage (Paper Toll to the Americans)

Laura Clague
17-03-2008, 03:08 PM
I make jewellery & tiaras and I live in Nottingham but am from the Wirral and go back there quite a bit to see family.

Lau :)

CASSABELLA
17-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Hi I'm from Milton Keynes currently making bags as well as looking after my two daughters.

DemonDaisy
18-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Hi all,
My craft is Jewellery and I live in Alexandria, 30 mins from Glasgow, Scotland.
Claire xx

Snow angel
18-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Wow took me ages to read up on where everyone is from and what they do

Im Julie from the Forest of Dean and i make cards and Nappy cakes and wedding towel cakes and any other cake looking things made with wash cloths

Spirit_of_wales
19-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Hi to Dave in Cardiff . I'm just down the road from him in Swansea having a busy time trying to set my "studio" up.
Best Wishes,
Tina

Jangle
19-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Hi I am from Lancaster. I am a craft fair organiser, a jeweller and a candle maker.

Hello & Welcome

KayCee
20-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Hello, from the Midlands - I hate where I live with a passion you'd never believe so I'll say 5 minutes from Lichfield and 15 from B'ham instead!

I paint but am very easily distracted - especially when I see what you have all done :D

jenifer
27-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi I am a knitter from Brighton, East Sussex

Focus on Life
27-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi I am Dave...aka creative-spirit,
I am a pastel artist and wire sculpted jewellery maker from Cardiff in South Wales UK.
Am a Spiritualist, a tarot reader and medium for many years now.
:b:

Just had a quick catch up on the last few posts here and noticed this. My lovely man is a medium and healer too :)

Great choice of name then, Creative Spirit

Shaz x

Chris W
27-03-2008, 05:48 PM
I am originally from Uttoxeter but now live in Eastbourne via Loughborough, London and Qatar.

CurlyFries
27-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Hello, my name is Emma and I'm also from Eastbourne.

I try my hand at many crafts but salt dough is my main passion :p

Heidihi74
28-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi

I've lived in Notts for the last 2 years, but am originally from Northern Ireland. Have been making jewellery for just 5 months so a mere novice still!

craftyjan
28-03-2008, 08:29 PM
im from harlow essex i dabble in all crafts but mainly cardmaking at the moment

Christine 1
28-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Hello, i am Christine & come from Pompey & have done all my life, have never moved from the same house - although i do live with my parents!!!

wendy
29-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone. I'm from Cheshire, and at the moment I do a lot of painting. I'm in the process of setting a website up and am planning to build a studio. I'd like to do more decorative painting and need a bit more space than the kitchen table gives me.

I also do a lot of cardmaking, and used to do a lot of textile work (applique, quilting, batik, silk painting, all sorts).

Wendy

Gypsywildflower
06-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Hi,

I'm Freya from Great Yarmouth in Norfolk.
I'm a costume maker but I like to do all sorts of crafts,
at the moment I'm into PMC, fat Quarters, shrinky dinks, friendly plastic and I'd love to learn how to crochet.

Also looking for a craft group to join.

So are we going to start up a google map for the forum? So we can click on an area and see who lives near us?

glowingsunsets
08-04-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm Jane and I'm from Anglesey. There's lots of people into crafts on the island but there only seems to be one crafts group and they only met up to arrange fairs from what I gather. I work mainly in stained and fused glass, but have recently been doing some mosaics too. I think a google map so we could mark where we are is a great idea. :)

Rachie
08-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi

I'm a jewellery maker from Fareham in Hampshire

mandamoo
08-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Could have sworn i posted on here but had a look and no i havent lol.
i see there are loads from my neck of the woods, im in bradford (the nice part near the m62 lol) been crafting about 4 years, done cards, gel candles now i do soaps and bath products and gonna have a dabble in scrapbooking.
need a bigger house as i dont have the room.
i see there were 2 people from otley, have you done the bootsale at otley yet????? we did one about 4 weeks ago and it was freezing
anyway
hi from low moor:behindsofa:

psychicgary
10-04-2008, 05:20 PM
hi i am a tarot reader from whitefeild greater manchester:)

bynicki
10-04-2008, 05:24 PM
I make all kinds of country style home decorations and gifts and I'm based in Cumbria, not far from Carlisle. :)

harpie38
11-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Hi there, I am a Science Tutor from Salford, Manchester. I like all crafts but mainly those using multi-media techniques.

Regards

Sid:)

pixiedoodles
11-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Hi, I'm from Birmingham, West Midlands:mf:

Rachie
11-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi Justine

I make jewellery and I'm from Fareham in Hampshire

Rachie

Carol29
11-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Hi,

I'm also a jeweller from Dublin. I'm new to the forum and I've recently set up my own online jewellery website. Carolshawjewellery.com

I mentioned in my introduction that we don't have anything like this in Ireland so it's great to network with other crafters.

Carol Shaw
bespoke handmade jewellery:D

elliesmum
11-04-2008, 02:19 PM
hi
sandra here i live in southport.
i make childrens clothes ,and also hand and machine knit , i also love to cross stitch (when i have a bit of spare time):)

ievaceramics
12-04-2008, 09:16 AM
I`m from Stoke-on-Trent(almost 2 years ago I moved from Latvia). I make ceramics since I remember myself, and now I`m trying to make living of it.

Ieva:)

stallfinder
24-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Hi,
I live in Warwickshire and I make and sell handcrafted cards locally and also work from home running an events and fundraising directory website.

maggie b
25-04-2008, 10:31 AM
i have read a few threads in the suggestions section about having a way to find people be county, I think this would be a fab idea, the moderator says if you want to know, then ask so here i am, where are you all, and what are you into? I am a jewellery maker from Selsey west Sussex hello everyone!
Justine

Hi I live in Fareham and make jewelry and stained glass(welcome)

maggie b
25-04-2008, 10:33 AM
hi doing this again as iam not sure i did it right the first time.

Hi i am maggie and live in fareham in hants. i make jewelry and stained glass:D

sewnice
26-04-2008, 07:00 AM
I live in Southern USA. I do all needle arts, but mostly quilting.

Gemstar
29-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Hi ! I live not far from Norwich ( Attleborough if anyone knows it!).

I mostly make cards.:mf:

Pagan
29-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Ok, I'll play. I'm originally from Edinburgh Scotland, moved to Ipswich to study, then got married and moved to Germany (Frankfurt), then Upstate New York, then Florida, back to Edinburgh and now live in Fife. Oh and I make cards :D

Tsarvo
29-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Hi,
i was brought up in foxton, leicestershire, moved in to mkt harborough and now i live just out side kettering.
so i haven't traveled far!
i make jewellery and hand made cards.:mf:

(as well as run kids Go-kart parties and work in the body shop!)

ladyrat
30-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi I'm Trish from Saffron Walden in Essex (between Cambridge and Stansted) but soon to be whisked off to the East Midlands...Brackley.

I dabble in a few things...beading, mini teddies, cross stich and have recently created "Lard babies" which are based on Doctor Who Adipose:D

Titania
05-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Greetings from hilly North Wales!

Anybody from Flintshire wanted! :D to keep in touch and exchange info about hobbies

Greetz x

sherrielinda
05-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Hi there, I'm from sunny Guildford, at least it is today & I make cards & candles.

naomi126
05-05-2008, 08:14 PM
hay well im a sculptor/earring maker based in Edinburgh, Scotland..

jcm
05-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi I am Julie, we make Dreamcatchers/Dreamtrees.
We are in Weston Super Mare

melchache
05-05-2008, 09:02 PM
hello .i am ellen .i make cards and i live in DEAL in KENT

Focus on Life
05-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi there, I am a Science Tutor from Salford, Manchester.Regards

Sid:)

It is nice catching up with these "where are you" threads every now and again

I used to work in Salford Quays Sid - in the same building as Century Radio overlooking the water opposite the Outlet and Lowry etc - it was a nice spot

Welcome to everybody cos I aint getting much chance to say hello individually at the mo! :pc:

Shaz x

Rhiannon
06-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi, I live in Lincoln, but originally from Louth (a town about 15 miles from the coast) in Lincolnshire.

I make all kinds of jewellery from glass, polymer clay, wire etc, but have also had a go at various other crafts (crosstitch, card making, parchment) as well. I enjoy anything thats creative!

Hannah
08-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Norfolk gal here :)

Hmm whats my craft..... well beginner at most things but am liking sewing and card making at the mo

xx

helena
10-05-2008, 08:17 AM
West Midlands, South West side of Birmingham, into beads!
:p

renniwano
10-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Spalding, Lincolnshire here... lovely right by the river...

Born and bred around Peterborough, Cambs though..

Silver Butterfly
12-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Hello :)

I live in London, though am originally from Coventry.
I make jewellery and tiaras, ...and occasionally badly knitted things

Sarah x

handcrafted
13-05-2008, 10:47 PM
I am on the west side of Edinburgh and i dabble in jewellery making, painting and making things with willow! I would love to learn pottery!

sunshine
14-05-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm from Airdrie, but originally from Lithuania and i'm make jewellery:)

ArtMyriad
17-05-2008, 05:09 AM
I am from Toronto, Canada, but will be in Leeds soon... in a couple of weeks actually... Going to visit some family there. Any suggestions on where to find all good craft stores and craft fares in Leeds and area?
...oh, and I am from Russia originally.

taylor
18-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Hello I am from Liverpool:D

fabricandbags
19-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi i'm in Harrogate and love it here.

I was born in York, but have lived in Cyprus, my teenage years in Lincoln, then Germany, then moved to Fife and stayed there for 17 years, moved back to Yorkshire 6 years ago, first in Market Weighton then moved to Harrogate 2 years ago!

I work full time doing HR / marketing in York, have dabbled in sewing, knitting, cross stitch, and embroidery over the years, but have recently started selling my handbags and iPod/camera pouches.

Its really interesting to see where everyone is from and what they do.

woodtattoos
19-05-2008, 10:28 AM
I bounce merrily around the Wiltshire area, settling for a while before bouncing on again.

Si.

Emmalou
19-05-2008, 01:17 PM
I live in south london now but was born and brought up in the caribbean moved to london at about 8 years old

Dizzydiza
22-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Hello i have just finished reading this thread and its lovely to see where everyone is from and what they do.
I make tiaras, jewellery and my new interest is in wire wrapping semi precious stones and beads. Oh and im am from central scotland :)
Diana

Lynn
23-05-2008, 06:09 PM
I am in Maghull, Liverpool:)

Carol29
23-05-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm a jewellery designer and maker from Dublin Ireland. We don't have a forum like this at home and on my first post here someone welcomed me and told me I'd get hooked....how right she was!:mf:

Cheers

Carol
www.carolshawjewellery.co (http://www.carolshawjewellery.co),
bespoke handmade jewellery

johnandvictoria
01-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Hi my wife and are new craft demonstrators who live in Essex, but will do demonstrations almost anywhere in the Essex, NE London, Kent, Norfolk or within about 30 miles. I'm 53 and Victoria is 29 (30 on the 25th this month)

artinyourhands
07-06-2008, 11:35 PM
I make cold porcelain and Im from Peru

kalinda
15-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi
I play about with beads making jewellery. I live in Middlesex but I am originally from Spain.
Monica

Allie
15-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally I'm from Portsmouth, but moved to Somerset when I was six. Had a four year break from the area and moved to Croydon with my OH (where he's from). I never got used to all the noise, and it not getting properly dark at night, so we moved back to south Somerset three years ago. We now live in a tiny village with as much peace and quiet and dark nights as anyone could wish for!!!

PaulineR
18-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Just found this thread.

Right I am Pauline I was born in Devon, lived in Porthsmouth, London, Kent, Cornwall and have ended up in Bedfordshire. Married a Luton sailor and been a widowed for 10yrs now. Still go to Pompie every year to throw flowers into the sea from the IOW ferry.

I make Candles and Bakery melts, clothes and knit

auntynet
18-06-2008, 10:19 PM
I love gemstones and crystal beads to make jewellery with. I just went through every thread and only found one person in South Yorkshire (hello Mimeyel from Sheffield) but no one from my home town of Barnsley. . . . hey, someone has to live there. :mf:

We have no bead shops and very limited craft outlets in my town which is why, when I grow up, I want to sell my home, buy a caravan and become a gypsy. :jippie: My one regret in life is being born too late to be a hippy. :D

auntynet
19-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Update:-

Just logged in today and hey presto! A new member thats also a jewellery maker from Barnsley. Is someone up there playing tricks on me. ;)

mrs*h
19-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi i am from old bolingbroke nr spilsby in lincolnshire and i make cards

mack
20-06-2008, 05:51 AM
I am a crafts vendors, I am in China.

Kiamyka
20-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Update:-

Just logged in today and hey presto! A new member thats also a jewellery maker from Barnsley. Is someone up there playing tricks on me. ;)

Haha they must be cos we actually have met and admired each others work . I'm Chris and live in Barnsley (born ' n bred) though I was exiled to Morecambe as a teenager and tried to escape as an adult by living in York and Barnoldswick. I make gemstone jewellery and also practice and teach Reiki, as well as read Tarot. Crafts have always been in my blood and I have done so many over the years, but the gemstones are a real passion.
Net, we should meet up again for coffee and chat

PaulineD
20-06-2008, 01:10 PM
i'm from Ardrossen but am living away from home.

Miaou
22-06-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm originally from West Yorkshire but now live in Caithness in Scotland. I have a couple of ceramicist friends (if that's the right word!), but haven't met any other young crafters up here. I know quite a few knitters/crocheters but they are almost all over 70 ;)

Critchley
22-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Well, where do I start?????? Born in Warrington in Lancs, brought up in Leicester, lived in S****horpe, Doncaster, Edinburgh, Hampshire, now my caravan has come to rest back in Leicester, on the outskirts not too far from Bradgate Park.

In my time I have been a knitter, sewer,embroiderer, cake maker, cross stitcher, patchwork and quilter, now a machine embroiderer making ring pillows..

I knitted and sewed when my children were small, trained as a chef and made wedding and birthday cakes, after a trip to the US I started cross stitch and then patchwork and quilting. I have just been able to buy my dream machine and am now combining quilting with machine embroidery and making ring pillows.:D:D Oh I almost forgot, I embroider inserts for card making too.....................

Keep out of the Rhodadendrons then I am told they are responsible for hiding a ot of mischief. I was Leicester born - Braunston Town but have lived in Warwickshire most of my life. Family still in Leicester. I am a quilter, painter, poet, anything that goes really. Nice to meet ya

Carol

Critchley
22-06-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm another Claire, also a jewellery maker and polymer clay beads, from a village not too far from Northampton, and just 30 mins or so from Leicester.

Not too many people in the Midlands area and from what I can see we're all within about 30 miles of each other :)

Claire

There does seem to be a lot of us around here - I am in Rugby boardering Leicestershire and Northamptonshire. It must be the air around the Midlands.
Carol

LunarraStar Jewellery
22-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Edinburgh :)

Lou C
22-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi, I'm originally from Leeds, but moved to Helensburgh (near Glasgow) last year.
I like dabbling in various crafts and am just about to try my hand at making jewellery.

MargaretM
22-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Hi I live in Wakefield, not too far from Barnsley, anyone else from Wakefield area

MargaretM
22-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Hi Artmyriad

You should visit the Dark Arches in Leeds though I haven't been for a while, there are a ouple of good craft shops around, are we allowed to put our e mail on here for personal contact.

Margaret

virgovee
22-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Hi!

I am just finshed my textile crafts degree at the University of Huddersfield, But my home is in Belfast.

Hope u r all well! :)

Craft Mad
24-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Another Scottish (Livingston) Lass here :) I love cardmaking scrapbooking and have only just rediscovered the joy of knitting and crocheting after being asked to make some baby things for a charity.

Craft Mad

auntynet
24-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Haha they must be cos we actually have met and admired each others work . I'm Chris and live in Barnsley (born ' n bred) though I was exiled to Morecambe as a teenager and tried to escape as an adult by living in York and Barnoldswick. I make gemstone jewellery and also practice and teach Reiki, as well as read Tarot. Crafts have always been in my blood and I have done so many over the years, but the gemstones are a real passion.
Net, we should meet up again for coffee and chat

Might just take you up on that offer Chris. I fancy a card reading cos I haven't had one done in a few years now. Will PM you.

Emagggie
12-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Essex person here,Great Wakering.
I've had a go at many crafts, collage, macrame, beading (loom), jewellery making, sewing (first love), crochet, etc. Currently fiddling around with leather.:D
I make 'off the wall' Christmas fairies too.;)

Honeypopclothing
12-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm from a little village in Leicester =]

sandart
14-07-2008, 10:17 AM
bolton here :)

flurogoddess
17-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Hello!

I'm down in the capital, but I am a Yorkshire girl at heart - I do some craft fairs in Goathland in North Yorkshire.

RosemaryH
17-07-2008, 01:30 PM
From Devon originally then moved to Cornwall, then to East Sussex and now living in Spain.

Rosemary

Ashbee
17-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Grew up in Essex, between Basildon and Romford, went to college in North Wales and finally escaped to the Mendip Hills in Somerset this year (Yay!) after hubby and I got sick of the traffic and hundreds of new houses being built.

My main passion is glass - I teach stained and painted glass but I also do mosaic, cross stitch and some scrapbooking. I am just about to purchase a kiln as I have missed glass fusing desperately and can't wait to start up again!

Jan

jezzabell
17-07-2008, 02:46 PM
originally from Poland, living in Buckinghamshire at the moment...

rainbowblade
05-09-2008, 01:15 AM
I'm from Quarry Bank, which is a village in the black country (near Dudley). I have a grotesquely ugly accent yet an extraordinarily handsome face.
Oh, and I'm a muralist who travels throughout the country.

Critchley
05-09-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm from Quarry Bank, which is a village in the black country (near Dudley). I have a grotesquely ugly accent yet an extraordinarily handsome face.
Oh, and I'm a muralist who travels throughout the country.
Hello Rainbowblade. You obviously haven't been to Rugby. I wouldn't have missed a face like that, nor yet the accent.

new2allthis
05-09-2008, 02:46 PM
I am from Telford in Shropshire, i get involved in any craft i can but my favorites are jewellery making and cards, unfortunately this is just a hobby at the moment but fingers crossed for the future...

beckyboo
05-09-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm from a village just outside of Loughborough in Leicestershire.
I have lived here all my life,my OH is from Colchester in Essex and had a bit of a culture shock when he moved here,the week he moved in we had a morris dancers festival ,lol.
I make jewellery but have a serious bead and charm buying obsession !!

saraeden
05-09-2008, 05:04 PM
I am from Derbyshire , i am lucky enough to live right on the edge of the peak national park :mf: :mf:
I have also lived and worked in Shropshire and Lancashire for a few years !!

jacksonhen
05-09-2008, 07:10 PM

Hi i'm just outside Coventry - Withybrook. ;)

jacksonhen
05-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Hello :)

I live in London, though am originally from Coventry.
I make jewellery and tiaras, ...and occasionally badly knitted things

Sarah x

Hi
i'm from Coventry and live in North Warwickshire now. You 'do' lovely stuff!;)

jacksonhen
05-09-2008, 07:28 PM
There does seem to be a lot of us around here - I am in Rugby boardering Leicestershire and Northamptonshire. It must be the air around the Midlands.
Carol

Hi

You cant be far from me then either. Withybrook between rugby and leicester.

Nice to meet you!

purplemac
06-09-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm in Dr Who country! I live 10 miles outside of Cardiff, in a very wet Pontypridd. I'm originaly from Crawley in West Sussex, moved to Bournemouth, to have 2 kids and for my OH to study to be a Chiropractor, now we've moved here for him to finish (hopefully!!) studying. I can recommend City Road in Cardiff for anyone who loves material, there's loads of fabric shops there!

I make bags, dressmake, knit, swear at crochet, and will start painting again when my youngest starts school fulltime. ( 2 weeks!!)

It's fun to tease my 6 yr old daughter by showing her where the daleks were fighting Dr Who in Ponty!

Debbie

Louise88
06-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi, i'm from Brighouse, which is near Huddersfield, West Yorkshire :)

Pauline@weddingtreasures
06-09-2008, 12:38 PM
I did originally post last year that I was from Tamworth but I've moved now to Birmingham!!

Pauline :D

kinglake
09-09-2008, 09:38 PM
:playball: lol i am from woking surrey and i often get taken away by people in white coats :mf: xxx jo xx

alex_amarfei
09-09-2008, 11:10 PM
I am from Bucharest, Romania. A lot of Latin, Greek and Oriental influences blend in my place in respect for arts and crafts.

craftysueh
10-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Im a yorkshire lass sheffield. :p

WILMAFLINSTONE
10-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi Im new here and I live in Tyne & Wear, North East England ...... :-)

Betty
10-09-2008, 04:15 PM
I am pretty new to this and I am in lovely Leeds!

mandarine
12-09-2008, 03:10 PM
i am from Moldova.Hi Alex from Romania.veeeeeeeeerrry glad to have you here:mf:

Critchley
21-09-2008, 09:10 AM
I am engineer focusing on the website

hello every one :D
Is is a secret then or did you just forget where you are from?

stacy
25-09-2008, 08:54 PM

Hi and Yippee,
Someone that lives near me. I live in Cheltenham. about 2 miles away from the infamous racecourse.

:)

Occasion Creative
26-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Hey all.. Im from staffordshire.. Orig Newcastle ( North East ) oh i do miss it

regards to all

dbc2612
26-09-2008, 03:02 PM
yorkshire lass - Bradford

SNOWF1975
26-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Im a jewellery maker from Coatbridge, near Glasgow:)

Jill
x

craftbox-cards
30-09-2008, 08:27 PM
craftbox-cards from Wiltshire England....but I get about a fair bit!

Louise88
30-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Eyup!
Ah am a Yorkshire lass, born 'n bred in Brighouse, cloise ter Huddersfield.
Ah dabble in abit 'o card mekin', scrapbookin' 'n knittin', but me fave 'as got ter be jewellery mekin'!

For all ye folks that ain't from these parts, that translates as-

Hello!
I have lived in Yorkshire all of my life, I live in Brighouse which is near Huddersfield.
I do a few different crafts including card making, scrapbooking and knitting, but my favourite has got to be jewellery making :)

Peter
30-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Eyup!
Ah am a Yorkshire lass, born 'n bred in Brighouse, cloise ter Huddersfield.
Ah dabble in abit 'o card mekin', scrapbookin' 'n knittin', but me fave 'as got ter be jewellery mekin'!

For all ye folks that ain't from these parts, that translates as-

Hello!
I have lived in Yorkshire all of my life, I live in Brighouse which is near Huddersfield.
I do a few different crafts including card making, scrapbooking and knitting, but my favourite has got to be jewellery making :)
.................and here's me thinking it were Briggus! :)

Louise88
30-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Ah were gonna put Briggus, same wi Uddy, but ah thought people ooh av neva eard of it affower, wud fink 'at it were named it.

Is yer sen from good ol' Yorkshire Peter? :)

Peter
30-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Your going to love this................................eeerrrrr...... ..................weeellll....................not exactly. I was brought up (!) in Brighouse - in the late 60s, when we were fighting off Huddersfield scooter boys - but I'm originally Mancunian! :D
There again, I live in Wakefield now, so all that running about when I was younger didn't get me very far! :D

Louise88
30-09-2008, 09:30 PM
My dad was brought up in Brighouse in the late 60's. What school did you go to? :)

Peter
30-09-2008, 09:40 PM
St Martin's.............................they closed it and all moved to another school when I left! :)

Louise88
30-09-2008, 09:53 PM
I think my dad went to Long Royd or something like that, I try not to bring up his past, cos as funny as his stories are, he goes on....and on....and on...hee hee :D
I shouldn't be mean, my dad is lovely! :)

vickki
01-10-2008, 02:26 AM
I'm from the most Easterly Province of Canada,Newfoundland....We have lots of snow in the winter and not so hot days in the summer...However it was beautiful here this past couple of days....Our weather is usually the topic of conversation here....It could be raining in my community and a couple kms away it could be a snow storm...that's in the winter of course...

JABBY
01-10-2008, 04:57 PM
hi I am into woodwork and live in North Nottinghamshire, near to Robin Hood. We also have a home in Brittany, and hope to live there full time eventually

regards
JOHN

www.jbwoodcraft.co.uk

lillybee
07-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Card maker from Buckinghamshire :-)

Sarah xxx

Lady Sparkle
07-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Hi
I'm originally from Liverpool,but emigrated to the land of pies and uncle joes mint balls a couple of years.
I love all sorts of crafts , but am passionate about jewellery making and anything sparkly.
Jacki

Buffy
07-10-2008, 11:55 AM
St johns wood, london
Jewellery and all sorts! :mf:

..... I am jealous about the place in Brittany!! nice one John x x

zebra
07-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Cheshire :) - Glass artist, but I also paint when I have the time.

Cazpanda
08-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Jewellery maker & practising with Fimo & embedding things in acrylic resin in Brierley Hill near Dudley in the West Midlands.

Custards Jems
08-10-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm a Suffolker and I enjoy all things creative, at the moment I create jewellery.

mazicus
10-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Im from Exeter in Devon (ooaarrr)

I make jewellery mostly, also make cards, paint in acrylics and random media and dabble in a bit of fashion design when I get the chance :D

imago-cards
14-10-2008, 04:33 PM
I am a card maker from indonesia, but has been in singapore for the past 5 years :)

BlueShedCrafts
14-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Nr Salisbury.

Rachael

Eris Artwork
14-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi. I'm from Ashburton in Devon, England and I make model scenery, paint miniature figures and do illustrations.

I used to live in Slough but escaped. Please don't tell them where I am. . . .

staceyjlew
14-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi, I'm originally from Portsmouth, but now reside in grey hilly Plymouth!

I make handmade greetings cards and dabble in jewellry

Stacey

Swarovski Chick
14-10-2008, 09:14 PM
hiya my name's Suzanne and i'm a card & jewellery maker from Swansea, South Wales x

little miss zombie
14-10-2008, 09:27 PM
i live in cornwall, and im a hedgewitch. im an artist,(acrylic and oils,chalk pastels), i sculpt,(clay, mosaic), and i craft,(dressmaking,cross-stitch, hardanger,corn dollies, and my little felt zombie mascots). lol, i dont do all these at the same time, but variety is the spice of life. i like trying new things. :)

ElaineJ
14-10-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm an ex-pat Tyke but I've lived in N. Wales for several years, most of them in Corwen - which is stuck between Llangollen and Betws y Coed on the A5 and missed by most people as they pass through.

I've made Corn Dollies since I was a kid (my dad taught me) I'm currently making soap (HP and MP), other bath goodies and felt bowls but pick up crochet and knitting from time to time - haven't touched my spinning wheel for ages though.

antonia
15-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Hi, I'm from Liverpool originally but have lived in various places in the u.k. and am now in north devon! Ilove sewing, mixed media work,knitting, cooking, in fact most arty crafts. I am self taught but am willing to learn! I love going to my beach hut and trying to convince myself that I can draw and paint!!! So pleased that I have found this site!:playball:

NaturalistDesigns
16-10-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm an allround crafter originally from Plymouth in Devon, moved to Bedford and stayed there for 10 years, spent the last 5 years living in Northants [Raunds nr Kettering, Rushden, Wellingborough] :horse:

Becca.Umeko
17-10-2008, 09:18 PM
^^ I'm from Sweden originally but I've been here in Canada for 3 years going on four and I love it!

Of course you miss home sometimes but not as much as I used to

morgana
20-10-2008, 06:59 AM
hello,
i too am a hedgewitch.
although readings are not generally classed as a craft, some fairs do let me do them....i also sell herbs and potions at certain fairs.
i spin, make peg looms, drop spindles and i also paint roses and castles on absolutely anything......
my roots are in south Wales, both my parents being Welsh, but i grew up on the coast of Somerset.
i am now living in South Wales, but i travel far and wide to do craft fairs, staying in my touring van for up to 3 weeks at a time..lol.

GreenPlover
20-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Trying to make my mind up on crafting ;) Love sewing, knitting, getting messy and educating myseld in crafts. I live near the sea in Deal, Kent.

SarahandIan
20-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi

I'm Sarah from Jersey in the Channel Islands...also a newbie around here...so Hi!

autumn rose
20-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Anything crafty in the West midlands.

queenbee
20-10-2008, 01:29 PM
To build a durable future, crafters will save the planet.

Critchley
20-10-2008, 01:35 PM
To build a durable future, crafters will save the planet.
How is that telling us where you are from???

Your signature might just get edited too

queenbee
20-10-2008, 01:35 PM
where is crafts forum based? loula

queenbee
20-10-2008, 01:39 PM
am hoping this is better? Critchley. Where are you?

Critchley
20-10-2008, 01:43 PM
where is crafts forum based? loula
All my details are in my User CP and you are very welcome to look as I have already listed them on this post. As for our mysterious Mr. M. well, who knows. They seek him here they seek him there etc., but when you find out let me know. lol

Autumn Faerie
20-10-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm a South Wales girl, but now live in Telford in Shropshire. I'm a cardmaker & cross-stitcher and also do a little bit of jewellery making. :)

CrafyPro
27-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi some one said that he or she is a jewellery maker,I really like to be a jewellery maker but i realy know how??

Is there any school for learning that??
Is it easy to find a job as a jewellery ??
Please give me more information about this job.

Louise88
27-10-2008, 08:54 PM
If you look on the jewellery section of the forum there are lots of threads on making jewellery. If you have a local craft shop that holds classes you could try one of those, or you could buy a book or magazine.
Where are you from Craftypro? :)