• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelltilly
    Junior crafter
    • Apr 2012

Im looking for some hand made fudge?

I wondered if any one could point me in the right direction of any fudge maker??
    I am looking to buy wholesale?
    Please let me know if there's anyone out there.
    Thank you
    Michelle
  • fudgydoo
    Junior crafter
    • Apr 2012

have you tried making some yourself? i make hand made fudge but do not have time to wholesale unfortunately. my recipe makes delicious scotch tablet style which melts in the mouth,,,all you need is a very big pan, pref a commercial deep one from a catering supplier, as the fudge does rise and will bubble over the edge of a regular pan and it is extremely hot and sticky, a good elec whisk, and a jam thermometer... pour a 1kg bag sugar into the pan, add enough milk to dampen the sugar so it doesnt burn, add a whole tin of condensed milk, 100g unsalted butter, a pinch of salt, your flavouring ( ie vanilla etc) bring to the boil and then simmer....keep stirring reguarly so it doesnt stick to the bottom of the pan and burn...do not go off and leave it!!! you will see it change in consistancy, and when it is really thick and bubbly pop in the thermometer...keep stirring until it reaches soft boil stage ( this should be marked on the thermometer) ..take off the heat - transfer to another large bowl or pan, and then whisk the life out of it...this is the important bit...keep whisking and scraping the sides of the bowl..its tricky to explain when to stop whisking as each flavour you put in reacts differently and needs a different level of whisking...but it should be really quite stiff and need to be spooned into a mould...if you can pour it in, it isnt done enough and prob wont set...this bit takes a wee bit of practice! do not refridgerate as it causes sweating on the confectionary ...i tried about 50 different recipes before finding this is the best one for me and have been selling my fudge for a number of years now successfully so good luck....it will last about 4 weeks if stored in an airtight container out of the sunlight or fridge..hope this helps!

Comment

• beadsbydesign
      Super Moderator
      Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
      • Jan 2006

That sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

• HungryBunny
        Junior crafter
        • May 2012

I make fudge!

Hi there,

I've recently set up my business, making fudge! I could be interested in supplying wholesale, though would depend on volume etc.

If you're interested in finding out more please email me via this site and we can talk further.

Kind regards
        Kathryn

Comment

Working...
        X